PDA

View Full Version : Ebay

whitedove
12-02-2008, 11:39 PM
While I am slimming.And have lost a few inches here and there.
I dont want to spend alot of money on clothes that wont fit me in a few weeks.
So I started buying stuff from ebay.Got some really pretty tops, all evans and etam for just a few quid.the dearest one cost me all of £2 i was well chuffed.

do you guys use ebay alot ? and if so

whats the best thing you bought from there

angeldelight
13-02-2008, 07:49 AM
I do not use it much but I know heaps of people that do

Once I get on there I browse and browse for ages giving me less time for the forum so I tend to stay here instead ha

I did buy a bargain football thing for hubby once but that was ages ago

Angel xx

ajs
13-02-2008, 08:07 AM
we haven't bought anything for a while but if the kids need phone chargers or headphones for their ipods that sort of thing then ebay is the first place i look for them and it's always the cheapest place too.

we've had some good bargains in the past and bought a load of crap too. we've sold quite a few things as well

charleyfarley
13-02-2008, 08:23 AM
I got Mitchell a pirate costume from ebay but to be honest I thought it was a bit of a rip off when it arrived.

Cost £20 and was so cheaply made, certainly wasn't worth the money I paid for it.
You can get some good stuff on there though, my son's forever getting things off it.

Glad to hear you got some bargains

Carol xx

sarah707
13-02-2008, 08:52 AM
I've had some bargains... and some stuff that didn't work, postage that was a total rip-off and buyers who disappear!

Decided not to buy anything big off there any more... you just don't have the same come-back as from a shop and you only spend a little bit more on the high street really. :D

Spangles
13-02-2008, 08:58 AM
I don't use it anywhere near as much as I used to.

Lots of the things on there you can buy cheaper in stores close by without the added postage!

Of course your clothes were real bargains though.

I tend to only go on there for something more unusual that's hard to find in shops and always check the sellers feedback.

Mollymop
13-02-2008, 09:28 AM
I do use ebay, but not for clothes. But saying that, i got Caitlin 2 pairs of jeans, they were used but looked like new and they only cost £5 with the postage.

Sometimes, I think, once they have added on postage, is it really worth while as a second hand top could cost you about £5, when you can buy them in the shops new for 7 or £8.

But I agree if you look hard you can get some good bargins.

Maybe worth while looking for items that are nearest to you then you can pick them up and not pay for postage.

chubbymummy
13-02-2008, 09:52 AM
i buy my kids clothes from e-bay.

the best bargain i got was a 10" memory foam mattress before christmas brand new of course i got it for £80 which was great and both mine and dh's backs are so much better

i also sell our clothes on there that's the money i use to buy stuff

berkschick
13-02-2008, 10:17 AM
I used to be a huge Ebay fan but not so much now.

I prefer it here :D And am so addicted I dont have time to look on Ebay!

Banana
13-02-2008, 11:04 AM
I love ebay!!!

In fact they noticed I hadnt been using my account very much recently and gave me a £10 voucher to use on anything I wanted to entice me back. Just bought Adele 19 for £9.99 so didnt cost me a penny! Pleased with that.

I have bought loads of stuff for Belle off ebay - some of it has come and been a dissapointment but some of the clothes I have bought have been brillaint bargains - especially the next bundles that people sell, have had some amazing quality stuff for a snippet of the price

x

Lou
13-02-2008, 12:33 PM
I use it quite a bit, i got my dd a flat scree tv for christmas and that was only £67.00, i also bought ds a nintendo ds litefor £75 also for xmas.

they were bargains!!!

bubbly
13-02-2008, 12:48 PM
I've used eBay a lot over the years, both buying and selling. I've also had my debit card swindled on eBay and some nutter in Germany tried to sell loads of electrical stuff using my account. My passwords were VERY secure too :angry:

Delly
13-02-2008, 02:19 PM
:) i love ebay !!!.. When I was losing my weight, I used to sell all my big clothes on there, got a lot of money for them as well.. i reckon they were a great seller..
bought some fab toys from there too, happyland ELC stuff.. for pennies!!!

Rubybubbles
13-02-2008, 02:25 PM
I used ebay more when my children were little I did use ebay a lot, used to get bits for childminding too, but enjoy going round charity shops finding stuff and knowing I'm helping a bit;)

Annie_T
26-02-2008, 12:44 AM
ebay is my god lol

i buy and sell on there all the time, so much cheap stuff and without having to leave your home woop woop:clapping:

best thing i got on there would of been a car the ex brought but i no longer have, paid 230 for xr3i and it was kinda modded to, i sold the alloys, exhaust for nearly half the price i paid for the car - bargain huh

im always looking for clothes for myself and house items as im decorating