PDA

View Full Version : im concerned!

littlestar
21-05-2009, 10:15 AM
:panic: im very concerned i cant do this childminding properly every time i read a post i realise i either dont do it or do it wrong i answer posts on here and someone comes along and corrects me im concerned ive been doing this for over a year now and still cant get it right i have no support all cm in area are to busy bitching and trying to get one over on each other i have emailed my local cm ass and no answer and also rang my dw for suupport still she hasnt got back to me i think i maybe over reacting i love my job but finding it hard to get on sorry rant over thank god for this forum or i would be a mess :blush:

Mouse
21-05-2009, 10:28 AM
(((Littlestar)))

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt!!

I've been doing this job for years & still feel like that at times. I had my Ofsted inspection at the beginning of the year, got outstanding, felt very confident that I was doing everything well, found this forum and suddenly realised how much I don't do :laughing: :eek: :rolleyes:

No matter how much you do, there is always soooooo much more that you could be doing. But it doesn't mean you're doing everything wrong by not doing it all.

I think the key is to have confidence in yourself and to only take on the ideas that work for you. If you're already doing something that works, don't change it just because someone else has a different idea. And just because someone corrects something you post, it doesn't mean they're right!

I bet you do a fab job!

Daddy Day Care
21-05-2009, 10:32 AM
Im sure everyone feels like this sometimes, but your inspection grade of good tells me your donig a fabulous job.

Everyone does things differently, I read things on here and I know the childminders in my aread dont do half the things people on here do and with a lot less paaperwork.

Im sure you do a wonderfull job, id be delighted with a good grade

Gareth
xx

littlestar
21-05-2009, 10:33 AM
thank you mouse i wouldnt no if i do it right because there is no one to tell me so but im happy and so are the kids so i muust be doing something right :clapping:

haribo
21-05-2009, 10:41 AM
you said it there if the kids are happy your doing a fantastic job stop worrying:laughing:

Mouse
21-05-2009, 10:41 AM
Like Gareth says, if you're graded good, then you must be doing something right!

If the children are happy & you enjoy your job, what more could you ask? Relax and have faith in yourself.

HomefromHome
21-05-2009, 11:07 AM
have pm'd you!!!:)

cuffleygirl
21-05-2009, 11:23 AM
don't be concerned - I often feel like this too! Nobody is expert in everything and just because people know what to do and what paperwork etc they should have doesn't mean to say that they will do everything right and have every last bit of paperwork correctly filled in! we are human and because we are human we can care and love and look after children.

And frankly I'd rather have a wrong answer, or bit of missing paperwork and happy children - no comparison!

There is no cm support group in my area for the same reasons you state and this job can be lonely at times, but have confidence in yourself your grade in itself says you are good childminder the only person who has to believe it is you!
:)

Roseolivia
21-05-2009, 11:47 AM
Im sure everyone feels like this sometimes, but your inspection grade of good tells me your donig a fabulous job.

Everyone does things differently, I read things on here and I know the childminders in my aread dont do half the things people on here do and with a lot less paaperwork.

Im sure you do a wonderfull job, id be delighted with a good grade

Gareth
xx

I agree, everyone does do things differently. I don't do a lot that people on here do because to me it seems more than you have to and the less paperwork i have to do the better. I'd rather be spending time with my daughter after minding all day than doing stupid paperwork. My daughter always comes first.

Daftbat
21-05-2009, 11:47 AM
I am confident you are doing a good job. Forums like this wouldn't exist if most people got it right ALL the time.

I always take the view that i can learn something new, or improve what i am doing. Some of use have expertise in areas that we share with others.

We are all in the same boat, please don't be put off.:) I am sure you have lots to contribute:)

huggableshelly
21-05-2009, 11:51 AM
i was the same too when i first joined here realising i was doing it all wrong but then also realised i was doing it right but different to others so tweaking alot of things learning new things and able to share information too that isnt always right but we all think differently.

hope you feel better now .... keep doing the fab job you are doing xxx

wellybelly
21-05-2009, 11:55 AM
Everytime I read this forum, I note down something in my well used "to do" book and eventually I will get round to doing it.

Please dont be worried at the thought that you are doing it wrong. Non of us work together at the end of the day, so we are all unique. Also dont think you need to do it all, what works for one may not work for another.

ORKSIE
21-05-2009, 12:14 PM
we all have a confidece knock now and again.
You are not alone. You got "Good" well you are obviously doing it right and as has been said before, we all do things different, dont mean its wrong tho.
So stop worrying.:D

Chatterbox Childcare
21-05-2009, 12:22 PM
You sound like you have had a confidence knock and feel like you have no where to turn

WRONG

You have the full support of the forum

we all answer questions on here and who is to say that what we say is right without checking. We all take answers on here at face value and everyone's comments and opinions are valid - keep answering!!!! :) :)

As to people in your area - if they are not doing the paperwork correctly then their next inspection will flag it up - just keep going as you are.

The paperwork does take a while to get into place but once it is there it doesn't take long each month - mine take 10 minutes per child and I try and do this in my working hours. I am happy with a good but there are others who want outstanding and do more - the choice is ours to make.

Keep posting and pm if you need more help.:) :) :) :)

Alibali
21-05-2009, 01:11 PM
No support? Don't be silly you have all of us:) I think we all feel like this sometimes, but we are all on the learning curve of life and we just live and learn and grow. It's the normal cycle of life so don't feel sad, be happy to be learning

Helen Dempster
21-05-2009, 01:14 PM
This is all I'm going to say to you, Little Star:

Latest Inspection Grade: good

'nuff said :thumbsup:

xx

Toothfairy
21-05-2009, 03:48 PM
We are all here for you, you are doing a totaly FAB job!!! :thumbsup:

wendywu
21-05-2009, 04:07 PM
I was only saying to Twinkles last night that every time i think that i have all my paperwork up to date i come on here and realise that there is yet another thing i need that i have not got. It really does my head in at times.:panic:

Tatjana
21-05-2009, 04:49 PM
Just to echo others, you must be doing something right to have got a GOOD grading!:thumbsup:

Everyone does things differently, i thought my RA's were rubbish and far too basic when i read what people on here have written. I showed it to my development officer, who used to be an Ofsted inspector, and she said they were fine!

xx