PDA

View Full Version : Crisis in Childminding- you-tube video

Ripeberry
20-05-2009, 08:25 PM
Hi, found this on you-tube. Some Childminders speak out about EYFS. This was filmed just before EYFS was rolled out last summer.
Sorry can't do links, but go into You-tube and type in Crisis in Childminding.

Blackhorse
20-05-2009, 08:53 PM
maybe they should have turned in the night garden down a bit...

to be honest, I dont think this video makes childminders look particularly good...but maybe that's just me.

aly
20-05-2009, 08:57 PM
is this the link?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoYHUFmnRoQ

Playmate
20-05-2009, 09:08 PM
Would have been nice to see at least one of the childminders out of an armchair interacting with a child :laughing: Still thats what we do all day isn't it sit around and let the kids get on with it :angry:

michellethegooner
20-05-2009, 09:57 PM
link wont work for me :mad:

Zoomie
20-05-2009, 10:13 PM
Yeah, doesn't work for me either. Get to youtube, but then get error for clip, even when I did separate search.

Oh well.

mumof4
20-05-2009, 10:15 PM
wow, I hope these childminders have retired!

CountryKids
20-05-2009, 10:31 PM
I can't get it either, but generally I'm not keen on people just moaning.

Daftbat
21-05-2009, 06:44 AM
I only bothered to watch half of it - i could see where its going.

They all seem a bit lack lustre to me. No energy to speak of and whilst i am sure the children enjoy themselves there was nothing to demonstrate this. Would have been nice to demonstrate why things should stay as they are rather than just moan about it.

Mollymop
21-05-2009, 06:52 AM
I saw this a few weeks ago and found it quite interesting

Leannetrim
21-05-2009, 07:17 AM
it seems that they can't be bothered with all the paper work. Just a bunch of women moaning hope they are now out of the profession. This made me laugh the lady at the end I done a homebased childcare course and its ony relvant for in the home and doesn't get me anywhere else.

Well the course title should have been a big clue

Pipsqueak
21-05-2009, 07:40 AM
I must admit that I only watched part of it, its the same old same old isn't it!

Bushpig
21-05-2009, 08:23 AM
I think we should all put short videos of our settings and how we love childminding on utube :) Show a positive for once!!!! No kids in the video of course.

Ripeberry
21-05-2009, 10:44 AM
That's what i was thinking, all the technical CM's out there could show how much fun we all have and of course all the kids faces will have to be blured!
I hope those ladies on the video have retired! :mad:

wellybelly
21-05-2009, 11:39 AM
Its a shame that this is on you tube at all! What a terrible image it gives childminding.

I feel these people (notice I didnt relate to them as childminders) give us a bad name and make us all look as though we're fed up.

I love using the EYFS, its a great framework that gives me something to work towards and keep me on my toes.

I expect these people just are not used to change and dont like it because there is now more competition competing for the business in thier areas.

huggableshelly
21-05-2009, 12:02 PM
what a bunch of lazy cant be bothered people!

hope ofsted sees them all and takes their registrations away!

Cazz
21-05-2009, 01:23 PM
Well they look like a bundle of fun don't they! Talk about negative attitudes!

I agree about the lady at the end talking about her recent course - the clue was in the title wasn't it!

Carole x

whisper_1981
21-05-2009, 10:24 PM
this vid can be reported and asked to be removed with given a good reason. a vid of childminding done in a positive way i think is a brillent idea even showing that we take the children out to groups and outings (of course not show the children) but showwing them that we are not sitting in doors all the time and that children have plenty of encouragement, positive behaviour, fun so on oh and learning to ( am new to childminding but even i know that sitting around and talking negative about it isn't good)

georgie456
22-05-2009, 12:29 PM
Just watched it and all I can say is what a load of old waffle!!! They are clearly in the wrong job....