PDA

View Full Version : How long did you wait to hear about a variation?

cuffleygirl
20-05-2009, 05:48 PM
Hi

I emailed Ofsted with scan of signature last Wednesday for a variation to start next Wednesday haven't heard anything - I have had acknowledgement of receipt of email but nothing else I am sort of working on the mindset that new news or queries is good news! recently been inspected only want the variation for 3 hours a week from now until September. I know that I can't offer the space without it though

So I just wondered how long anyone else had waited from sending to ofsted and hearing back?

tammerisk
20-05-2009, 07:14 PM
give them a ring that what i did say it ergent and they should put you through or get them to call you.

i heard from mine about week after i sent them the letter and they granted it over the phone

georgie456
20-05-2009, 07:16 PM
HI
I applied for a variation back at beginning of March. I posted mine recorded delivery and had a phone call 8 days later, than my amended certificate arrived another 7 days after that. However, from what I have read on this forum, it seems to depend on whose desk it lands on.....I'd give them a chase on it -a week is a reasonable amount of time to have to wait for some kind of response.

michellethegooner
20-05-2009, 07:51 PM
I rang them daily till they gave me an answer, told a little fib :rolleyes: that I was going away for 2 weeks and needed variation for the day after or an answer before I went so I could give parents time to find alternative care, had a reply by end of wk and cert following week