PDA

View Full Version : Health check form

whitedove
12-02-2008, 10:41 PM
I have filled in most of the form.But come to a holt when i got to the part about self harm and your mental state.
I have still not filled it in as I am not sure that I want to.
Would it make a difference if i had seen a psycotrist when i was a child.
I was raped and took an over dose at the age of 13.would this all come out in my checks.

angeldelight
12-02-2008, 10:45 PM
I have sent you a message

I think that its personal to you and I would doubt very much that your doctor would mention it

Hugs

Angel xx

Spangles
12-02-2008, 10:46 PM
I can't remember properly when I filled it in but does it say to only go back a certain number of years?

If not, I don't think it will make an ounce of difference anyway as you've obviously recovered from what happened now.

(Sorry to hear about your traumatic experience, you're obviously a very strong person to have come through the other side like you have and to be doing so well.)

whitedove
12-02-2008, 10:50 PM
Thankyou ,yes I am a stronger person for it.And have come out the otherside.
I have been able to talk about it now.which is the first hurdle.Just hoping it was'nt going to prevent me from childminding.Glad you guys think it wont,and will be fine

Jacqui xx

Spangles
12-02-2008, 10:51 PM
Don't worry about it Jacqui, I'm sure it will be fine.

x

angeldelight
12-02-2008, 10:51 PM
I am sure you will be fine and after such a terrible experience you deserve to move forward now and do what you want to do

Hope it all works out for you

Good luck

Angel xx

Mollymop
12-02-2008, 10:54 PM
I was concerned about having pND as i had bad anxiety and kept having thoughts about hurting my son. This was 9 years ago.

I told my inspector and she said that she wouldn't even have thought the doctor would mention it as it was such a long time ago.

Sorry you had such a bad experience. X

sarah707
13-02-2008, 09:24 AM
I would ring and ask your doctor - will they mention it in a health check form. At least then you know one way or another and it will put your mind at rest. :)