PDA

View Full Version : Are there any grants available to CM?

HomefromHome
20-05-2009, 12:57 PM
hi all
i was just wondering if there were still any grants of any kind available to cm's???? i know there was a while ago.....

just wondering as my pc is breaking down (have to re-do all my docs:eek: as the program i did them in wont reload on my pc!!) and now i'm on my own cannot afford the £350 to get a new tower unit (dont need the whole kaboodle). as i use it mostly for minding i was wondering if i could get any help wi the cost???
:)

littlestar
20-05-2009, 01:00 PM
hi sorry to hear this i think they got rid off the start up grant in march this year :( but try ringing your development worker or local childminding ass ask for help but if you do buy one you can claim it back :)

HomefromHome
20-05-2009, 01:05 PM
hi sorry to hear this i think they got rid off the start up grant in march this year :( but try ringing your development worker or local childminding ass ask for help but if you do buy one you can claim it back :)

oh i already established and had a start up grant (over 2 yrs ago now)... just wondering if there was anything else...
will email my dw tho...:)

littlestar
20-05-2009, 01:09 PM
oh sorry :eek: didnt read your info right i would ring your dw tho and push for help towards one maybe they have the capital grant in place and can give you some ;)

HomefromHome
20-05-2009, 01:14 PM
oh sorry :eek: didnt read your info right i would ring your dw tho and push for help towards one maybe they have the capital grant in place and can give you some ;)

well i just emailed her so will see i she knows owt!!!!!!!! i thought they'd abolished the start up grant now... in northampton at least....

nannymcflea
20-05-2009, 01:35 PM
A CM college of mine has just recieved £4860 for enhancing her enviroment this is a local council grant.

HomefromHome
20-05-2009, 01:39 PM
A CM college of mine has just recieved £4860 for enhancing her enviroment this is a local council grant.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

tammerisk
20-05-2009, 03:22 PM
i wish we could get something like that as i have said before i want to make my garden into a sensory garden and a big under cover playarea and considering i am having no more children and my youngerst in a few years won't benifit that much form it it is all for childminding but that not good enough.

they have got rid of the start up grant in northampton and the sustaiability grant to and we not ge tthe capital grant only thing we got out of that was a free resource avalible at the country toy libray.

HomefromHome
20-05-2009, 04:28 PM
good old northampton!!!! :censored: :censored: :censored: :D

nannymcflea
20-05-2009, 07:58 PM
good old northampton!!!! :censored: :censored: :censored: :D

Come accross the road to sunny Peterborough...it really is well funded.

Lady Haha
20-05-2009, 08:13 PM
I emailed my local cis asking if there was a grant I could claim to replace my fence and got a reply saying that there wasn't anything like that about at the moment. Then he went on to say, the only funding he could think of was the Capital Grant which was for a minimum of 2500.00 and as my fence wouldn't cost that much it wasn't suitable. I emailed him straight back saying I could also do with a summer house to add an extra room and a minibus so I could take on more children (I cunningly told him about me being the only cm left at the school I pick up from with a vacancy...and as three of my mindees turn eight in Jan/Feb I will have more spaces.)

I wasn't expecting a reply, but I got one! He said he would pass my comments on, especially about the shortage of childcare for that school.

Knowing my luck, I'll end up with a big fat 'no' to the money and them seriously looking into setting up an after school club....:rolleyes:

I'll let you know if I get the money !!!:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: