PDA

View Full Version : Whistleblowing Policy

Clever Clogs
12-02-2008, 10:26 PM
HI there

After having my pre-reg meeting today, with the advice of the inspector (much to hubby's dismay I think), I am putting my husband down on certificate as my assistant. Inspector said I would need to do a whistleblowing policy though. Has anyone else done this, are there any examples anywhere that could help me do this?

Advice appreciated.

Tracey

sarah707
12-02-2008, 10:29 PM
It's just to cover what you or he would do if you were to inform on each other...

Tbh I wouldn't have thought this was necessary for a couple childminding together, it's more of a nursery / playgroup thing where there are lots of staff.

I think there's one on www.bromleycma.org.uk :D

Spangles
12-02-2008, 10:32 PM
Is your hubby winding you up?

Clever Clogs
12-02-2008, 10:37 PM
If it was my husband that said to me I would think he was winding me up. Unfortunately it was the Care Commissioner who said I needed it - even though it's for my husband! Bit daft I think but it gave my hubby a chuckle when she said even though he won't use it, he has to have the information in case he wants to complain against me! Think it made his day actually after being volunteered to be my assistant (and me telling me I'm his boss).

Tracey

michellethegooner
28-02-2008, 10:44 PM
Hi just read this now. I have done my NVQ and I had to produce a whistleblowing policy for my childminding setting as one of my ku's so if you pm me I would be happy to forward it onto to you.

Michelle x

wendywu
28-02-2008, 11:45 PM
Is it the same as the breathing policy in out in out. Do you have to write a policy on what to do if he inhales the pea.:eek: Oh i suppose our first aid covers that.

One of my daughters has a rap song called Blow that whistle baby, with a whistle being blown all the way through. Makes me think of that when we talk of a whistle blowing policy:laughing:

Pauline
29-02-2008, 12:56 PM
Is it the same as the breathing policy in out in out. Do you have to write a policy on what to do if he inhales the pea.:eek: Oh i suppose our first aid covers that.

One of my daughters has a rap song called Blow that whistle baby, with a whistle being blown all the way through. Makes me think of that when we talk of a whistle blowing policy:laughing:

I love it!! Thanks for the laugh! :D

angeldelight
29-02-2008, 05:03 PM
Oh Wendy I know what song you mean it drives me mad I hate it

Angel xx

chez1373
28-05-2008, 10:05 PM
Ive never heard of a whistel blowing policy....
Ive just registered my partner as my assistant do you think i shoudl do one??

Pauline
07-06-2008, 03:11 PM
Ive never heard of a whistel blowing policy....
Ive just registered my partner as my assistant do you think i shoudl do one??

I'd never heard of it either and the inspector didn't say that we should have one, perhaps it's one of those things that some inspectors want and others don't!

No harm to do one though, keeps them happy! :)

miffy
07-06-2008, 05:31 PM
I remember covering this in my nvq3 but haven't got a policy about it.

miffy xx