PDA

View Full Version : How long did it take to recieve your stuff from NCMA

mozarella
20-05-2009, 10:19 AM
I have ordered the file case with 1st aid kit and fire blanket, i need them before the 1st june, do you think they will arrive soon, I ordered them last Friday

Moz

venus89
20-05-2009, 10:24 AM
In my experience they usually take several weeks but I may have been unlucky

Mollymop
20-05-2009, 10:26 AM
They usually take 4 weeks. I was told this last year that they have a backlog. But everything I have ordered since then has taken about 4 weeks.

Hope it comes through quickly for you. Probably best to give them a ring after a week to chase it up - it might hurry it along

Lady Haha
20-05-2009, 10:30 AM
You've just reminded me that I haven't received my new insurance cert that I paid for four or five weeks ago! My current one is out of date this week and I know that I'm still insured as I've paid, but thats not really good enough if I have a parent come to visit for a place and Ive got an out of date insurance cert hanging up on the wall! Must ring them!

sonia ann
20-05-2009, 10:38 AM
they have had a lot of problems with deliveries lately....but I recently had a letter saying they were changing their systems and hoped things would improve....or words to that effect:)

Adiamond
20-05-2009, 01:17 PM
I was wandering this too!!! I rang them this morning for some details on the insurance and the tool kit and OMG the woman on the other end of the phone sounded like she had just woken up and really couldn't be bothered to talk to me :angry: so I just said I will think about it and call you back.
Some people!! it's as though they don't want your business :rolleyes:
Now I am thinking of going elsewhere. x x x

rickysmiths
20-05-2009, 01:29 PM
Can I urge all of you who have querries and problems to ring and ask to speak to Richard Aris. He is a new manager to NCMA and is trying to get on top of all the problems. I have told him about all the negative vibs on here but much better for all of you to contact him direct.

OrlandoBelle
20-05-2009, 01:33 PM
My orders always take over a month to arrive. I got so sick of waiting for my new contracts to turn up that I emailed and complained last time. I never heard anything back, not even an apology, but the contracts turned up the next day. Not sure if this was a coincidence. :(

mozarella
20-05-2009, 03:46 PM
oh no, you are worrying me, i reaaly need the first aid kit and also the accident book dont I before I can work !! they told me it would take 5 days to get the papers and longer for my membership. I dont really care about membership but really need the stuff:panic:

Toothfairy
20-05-2009, 07:11 PM
My last order took over 3 weeks to arrive.

mummyof3
20-05-2009, 08:38 PM
7 long weeks - this was for the same order you have placed.

I rang them everyday and complained and in the end I had to threaten them with legal action as it was affecting my business. After that I got it all within 2 days!

Good luck!!

cherry
20-05-2009, 08:49 PM
It's been over 4 weeks since I placed an order with them, might have to give them a call tomorrow.:angry:

mozarella
21-05-2009, 08:36 AM
i called them, they said it would be with me in the next 7 days through DHL ! Will be counting the days

the lady was lovely though

grindal
21-05-2009, 10:16 AM
My first aid kits to an age to arrive - I ended up phoning 2 weeks before I started minding and told them I was not fulfilling the EYFS as I was not prepared should children have an accident whilst in my care. I spoke to a number of different people and did eventually get my first aid kits .... but have still never received the Learning Journal they were gonna send me to placate me :panic:

venus89
21-05-2009, 10:27 AM
received half my order yesterday after 3 weeks waiting. I phoned today and the lady I spoke to was very friendly and said it would be out soon - they're not all dragons :laughing:

wellybelly
21-05-2009, 11:52 AM
Dont hold your breath, Im still waiting for reg forms and contracts from last month. They are not very promp.

rickysmiths
21-05-2009, 03:44 PM
I can see a lot of you are frustrated all I can say is please phone NCMA and vent your frustrations at Richard Aris the new communications manager. The more complaints he recieves the more likely that he will do something.

It does work I spoke to Richard A at 5pm on Tuesday (19th) and really gave him chapter and verse for the second time about the Accident and Incident Folder that I ordered on the 30th March :eek: that still had not arrived.

He promised to sort it and it has just been delivered in the last 3 mins.:clapping: :clapping:

Buzz Lightyear
21-05-2009, 04:53 PM
One word.... forever!

Ok, slight exaggeration there but it took around 8 weeks or something. I was fortunate as I didn't plan on minding until April anyway and got most things through around March, so just in time. In the meantime, I borrowed contracts which I gave back once I received mine :thumbsup:

jeanybeany
21-05-2009, 06:12 PM
Too long, had to keep ringing them to get my new insurance certificate and order. Quick enough to take the payment! The third lady I spoke to was lovely and kept her word.

elainerut
22-05-2009, 03:31 PM
Ive just ordered new contracts and record forms and a new reciept book its only took 10 days to come, last lots of stuff took 2 month

Ally
22-05-2009, 04:37 PM
My orders always take over a month to arrive. I got so sick of waiting for my new contracts to turn up that I emailed and complained last time. I never heard anything back, not even an apology, but the contracts turned up the next day. Not sure if this was a coincidence. :(

Ditto here - I ended up asking a friend for a contract as I was signing a new family and I had run out the day before. I sent the NCMA an email a few days earlier didn't hear then lo and behold when I got back from a walk the new ones were on the doormat! Not sure whether the email helped or not as I never heard back from them

Ally

sonia ann
22-05-2009, 05:29 PM
I think they are trying very hard to rectify the problems of the last few months.....so please bear with them:)