PDA

View Full Version : Chicken Pox

Straws
20-05-2009, 08:11 AM
Hello all,

I have a child who's come down with chicken pox, my question is if the other children in my care have already had chicken pox can i still look after the child as the others would be immune to it. Or should the child with chicken pox be kept at home ?

Straws xx

Roseolivia
20-05-2009, 08:12 AM
It's up to you. I'd ask the other parents if they minded the sick child being there. It also depends on how the child is feeling themselves.

PixiePetal
20-05-2009, 08:25 AM
I wouldn't take a child with chicken pox. I have not had it although I seem immune, my 2 and loads of other children I have nannied/minded have had it.

You might be stuck in too or just visiting parks alone, as other people won't necessarily want it :rolleyes:

Chatterbox Childcare
20-05-2009, 08:55 AM
I personally would not have just 1 child with the chicken pox. If all of them had it then I would as I would have to stay in. I don't think it is fair to make other children miss out on their toddler groups/activites because one is ill. You cannot take them as they might contaminate others at the groups.

Curly Quavers
20-05-2009, 10:05 AM
I personally would not have just 1 child with the chicken pox. If all of them had it then I would as I would have to stay in. I don't think it is fair to make other children miss out on their toddler groups/activites because one is ill. You cannot take them as they might contaminate others at the groups.

My first thought was yes just take the infected child because as you say the other children in your care have had them. But Debbie does make a very good point.

Sorry I have made no contribution whatsoever! :laughing: :laughing:

Playmate
20-05-2009, 09:29 PM

It could be a very long week!! I have a child in my setting who has a condition similar to leukaemia and chiken pox could be very dangerous to him. You never know who you might bump into on the outside world!

ORKSIE
20-05-2009, 09:34 PM
It could be a very long week!! I have a child in my setting who has a condition similar to leukaemia and chiken pox could be very dangerous to him. You never know who you might bump into on the outside world!

Oh Bless him. That is very true!