PDA

View Full Version : 5 mins early not a lot I know but.....

emmadines
20-05-2009, 07:06 AM
its my flippin 5 mins:mad:

grrrr a parent brought his kids here at 5 to 7 this morning... this is a home too not just a work place. i know its 5 mins but its my time and time im unpaid for and all one of them has done is flippin moan at both my kids for somethis or other arrrrggggghhhhhhh

i would not open the door but that door knocker, its loud enough to wake up someone 3 streets away n kids were asleep.....

is it me or do some ppl take the mickey??:angry:

then all one of the boys have done is moan at everyone in the setting for some reason or other!!!

huggableshelly
20-05-2009, 07:11 AM
i dont mind 5 mins its 20 mins i get annoyed at!

sonia ann
20-05-2009, 07:12 AM
morning Emma, sorry to hear your morning has not got off to a good start:( are they off to school soon or have you got them all day?:)
ps my sister lives in harrietsham do you know it?

Demonjill
20-05-2009, 07:12 AM
Your right to moan. It is your time.

There was a thread on here yesterday similar to yours! so you are not the only one/

I would put a wee bit sponge under the knocker hee hee:laughing:

Just tell them you are not allowed to start til the contracted time for insurance reasons. Sa y some thing now before it gets out of hand!!:eek:

rickysmiths
20-05-2009, 07:26 AM
Sorry to hear your start to the day. I must say I find the ones that are always 5 mins early irritating. No one in this house is still asleep but it is amazing what I can get done in five minutes!!! :laughing:

As you say its unpaid and after all it is 25mins a week and over an hour a month. For me that would be £60 a year, if all my mindees did it that would be £420 a year. :eek:

Then if they are like the ones I have had like this, they are always 5mins late at the other end of the day so thats another £420 so thats £16.15 per week lost. :rolleyes: You can see why nurseries are so strict with times.

I had a family last year who started to do this. It was when it was still dark in the morning so I made a point of not turning the outside lights on until 7.30. I didn't open the door until 7.30 even if they had rung the bell. I just said sorry I was just finishing getting ready. It soon stopped and now if dad is early he waits in the car outside until 7.30.:thumbsup:

Pipsqueak
20-05-2009, 07:30 AM
We took the door knocker off:D

Put the opening times on your door:D

Gizmo
20-05-2009, 07:32 AM
I would have to say something as well , tell them you cant take them until 7 for insurance, I'm only registered from 7 til 7 so they would have to stand on my doorstep.

sarah707
20-05-2009, 08:02 AM
Open the door, say good morning I won't be long, just got to finish getting ready... it's not quite half past yet ... big smile ... and close the door! :D

angeldelight
20-05-2009, 08:06 AM
Open the door, say good morning I won't be long, just got to finish getting ready... it's not quite half past yet ... big smile ... and close the door! :D

Good idea

:laughing: :laughing:

Wish I had the bottle to do this myself sometimes ha

Angel xx

PixiePetal
20-05-2009, 08:31 AM
I would come down with towel round my hair and said 'oh, sorry not quite ready, as it's not time, could just wait 5 mins, while I will dry my hair' !

Worst one for me is the 5 mins early when they arrive and I am on the loo. Bathroom at front of house so I can hear child calling for me through letterbox while I am doing my business and hope they can't hear me :blush: :blush: :blush:

rickysmiths
20-05-2009, 08:50 AM
I would have to say something as well , tell them you cant take them until 7 for insurance, I'm only registered from 7 til 7 so they would have to stand on my doorstep.

I've never heard of this before, I know you have to be registered for over night but I have had children as early as 6am and as late as 8.30pm. It doesn't specify on my cert. Does it say these hours on your certificate?

michellethegooner
20-05-2009, 08:51 AM
I would come down with towel round my hair and said 'oh, sorry not quite ready, as it's not time, could just wait 5 mins, while I will dry my hair' !

Worst one for me is the 5 mins early when they arrive and I am on the loo. Bathroom at front of house so I can hear child calling for me through letterbox while I am doing my business and hope they can't hear me :blush: :blush: :blush:

yeah why is it they always come early when u on the loo, happens to me a lot now that I think of it :blush:

Chatterbox Childcare
20-05-2009, 08:53 AM
[/COLOR]

I've never heard of this before, I know you have to be registered for over night but I have had children as early as 6am and as late as 8.30pm. It doesn't specify on my cert. Does it say these hours on your certificate?

No you are still insured but it sounds official!

sonia ann
20-05-2009, 08:56 AM
:laughing:
yeah why is it they always come early when u on the loo, happens to me a lot now that I think of it :blush::laughing:

it's **** law thats why .....I wait and wait.....until I can wait no longer....just park myself on the loo and........there goes the doorbell:blush:

TheBTeam
20-05-2009, 09:02 AM

This really made me chuckle, i wish i was that brave, i have a 7.30 starter some mornings and i have heard the car pull up at 7.15 before now, they live 2 mins away! I have now stopped opening the blind downstairs until 7.28 if they slip back into the habit of turning up early, that is the notice to them that i am picking up on it and they drop back to later for a while again!

The Juggler
20-05-2009, 12:36 PM
yeah why is it they always come early when u on the loo, happens to me a lot now that I think of it :blush:

yes, or they are late and you are hanging on and just when you can't wait any longer and decide to risk it the bell goes!

The Juggler
20-05-2009, 12:37 PM
I've left my curtains shut too - makes no difference! I had one lovely mum who sat outside in her car bless but she had a half hour drive so traffic could easily make her late or early.

I love the text thing suggested on other thread. "sorry just getting dressed". Having that bit too much info might put them off doing it again

tomthumb
20-05-2009, 12:48 PM
I get that as well but I don't open the door until it's 8. Although my little one starts running around shouting the mindee's name in excitement!! :laughing:
I don't know if you have noticed with yours but my parents are often 5 to 10 mns early at drop off but always on the dot or late at pick up time. I did give them benefit of the doubt at first thinking their watch might be slightly earlier than mine but obvisouly not!:panic:
Idea of sponge under knocker is good, you might want to give it a try!

Elodie X

nannymcflea
20-05-2009, 12:58 PM
Yes, we all seem to suffer with parents lack of time keeping don't we!:angry:

One who starts at 8.30 sometimes arrives at 8.20 or 8.35...I leave at 8.30 for the school run so this can be very unhelpful. If they arrive early hubby will open the door and say, "ooh your'e a little early she's in the bathroom"!

HomefromHome
20-05-2009, 01:01 PM

i like this one!!!! pmsl

samgeordie
20-05-2009, 01:20 PM
i had one like that too except it went from 5mins early to 20mins early, i kept making comments like - oooo your early, or ignore the doorbell until the 3rd time they had rung it. Then asked if they wanted to change their hours as my insurance is only covered for contracted hours and I would need to charge them my overtime rate if it wasn't contracted - they soon got the message:clapping:

Toothfairy
20-05-2009, 07:16 PM
How come parents always manage to drop off early but pick up late???? :angry:

sophiestars
20-05-2009, 08:32 PM
ooooo you've all got the wrong parents - I have one lovely Mum who's baby is contracted 8.45 - 5 and she always comes to get him at at least 4.45 or earlier and then today she text me to say that he had gone to sleep and could she bring him at 9.30 when i am back from nursery run.

She said at pick up that she would continue to do that unless she texts to say she is coming at 8.45 because he seems to want to sleep at that time BUT she doesn't want to change payments and will be paying for that 3/4 hour whether he's there or not. (Without me having to even say!) So all in all i make 1 hours pay for free every wednesday when he comes!

tess1981
20-05-2009, 08:40 PM
gosh... wish i had a mum like yours... i have one who contracted for 8.15am but sometimes lands at 8.05.. like everyone else i like them 10mins for a cup of tea and peace as mindee very active and full on and exhausts me...:eek:

Bananabrain
21-05-2009, 12:29 PM
I have a dad,bless him I think he's away with the fairies most of the time:laughing:

Anyway,once he asked if he could bring his child at 7 instead of 7.30 because there was going to be a train strike.I said no problem, I'm used to starting early anyway and I'm usually up early.

The following Friday he came at 7 again!!!!! I answered the door in my nightclothes and he laughed and said 'oh I thought you said you would be up'

After two years of minding,the thing I still struggle with is trying to get the parents to understand that this is my job! And I like to start and finish on time just like everyone else.:laughing:

LittleMissSparkles
21-05-2009, 04:55 PM
I've had the exact same problem with one parent inparticular for the last 2 years, have done letters in general to all parents, says in hugeletterson my daily sign in sheets do not arrive earlier than your contracted time, have wrote to said parent sepereatley and explained i cannot take them in early all be it 5/10 mins, given reasons as its my time to make myself a coffee finish getting my kids seen to , insurance wont allow it etc etc etc.... never has worked, even put a clock next to the daily sign in sheets with correct time on, she always put 8am regardless of what time it is and i always change it all be it 5 minutes.... sometimes she will sign in at say 8.00 and parent after her will put 7.58 and apologise for being early.... now how does that work then !!!

having said allthat in the cold light of the daya nd recent events I can handle 5 mins early if that is the worset this parent does to me ( in light of recent events some of you know about ) I should nt really mind the odd 5 mins, although it does still get me mad sometimes when i'm not quite ready