PDA

View Full Version : On the pre reg visit

whitedove
12-02-2008, 10:14 PM
Do the inspectors mooch about the whole house.Or only the level and rooms you have told them you will be using ?

Jacqui x

Cheeky Chops
12-02-2008, 10:16 PM
i only showed the rooms i intended to use for cm, i didnt show the bedroom as it was a tip!! ha! x x

Spangles
12-02-2008, 10:18 PM
Mine insisted on looking in all rooms as she said that in the past people had been known to be growing certain things in rooms that are illegal so have to see them all!

Could be she was just snoopy, could be just a Cambridge thing or it could be I look dodgy! Ha ha! Luckily everywhere was tidy!

Clever Clogs
12-02-2008, 10:20 PM
Hi there

The inspector I had today focused on the level I was using but then asked to have a tour of the house. Not sure if she was just being curious as each room she went in she said something nice like 'oh nice furniture', 'nice pink room' etc.

Was glad I had done a big tidy yesterday.

Tracey

whitedove
12-02-2008, 10:22 PM
Lol thats just what i am worried about...Im not the most house proud person :blush:

now il have to make sure ALL the rooms are sparkling :D

tulip0803
12-02-2008, 10:23 PM
My Pre-reg and my OFSTED inspection when registered she wanted to see the whole house. Had to traipse from room to room with a crocodile of children, and I only used downstairs.

Juliaxx

sarah707
12-02-2008, 10:27 PM
On my inspection kids were still in bed - it was holidays... she was really nice about it and just peered round the doors... rooms were total tips as well but she didn't seem to mind! :laughing:

anneriddington
12-02-2008, 10:27 PM
My pre reg inspector insisted on seeing the whole house even though I only use downstairs for c/m. She said that if a child was so badly "soiled" and it need to be bathed I would be using the upstairs bathroom and therefore needed to be checked. Following that she made several recomendation about additional child safety measure I should use so a child cannot slip through the gap under the bannister rail on the landing!!! I thought it a bit mad as I had already said that no child would be going upstair and if the occasion did arise where the bathroom was required would I really be leaving the little one to roam around on its own :panic: I think not.

It hasn't been mentioned on subsequent visits. But yes ALLWAYS tidy upstairs and downstairs:blush:

angeldelight
12-02-2008, 10:28 PM
They have no need to check rooms that you do not use for minding

I do not use my upstairs therefore it is never checked

Angel xx

Polly2
13-02-2008, 01:26 PM
Inspector only checked my downstairs too Angel

Its not fair the way some inspectors do things differently is it?

Delly
13-02-2008, 02:16 PM
hi, mine came on monday, she only inspected downstairs, thank god, as upstairs was a total tip!!.. been focusing so much on the minding area, the rest had gone to pot.. all sorted now tho..

the only thing about my inspector was she traipsed mud, (muddy boots) all through my house on my lovely cream carpet... it took her an hour to notice as well, I was sat there loooking fuming inside.. wanting to say something to her, but didn't like to as thought she would hold it against me... lol..

when she did she it she was mortified... lol.. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Mollymop
13-02-2008, 02:24 PM
Hi there, Mine wanted to look at the whole house even though I am just registering downstairs.

She didn't go through my house with a fine tooth comb or anything she just walked into each room and out again.

Even downstairs, I was amazed she didn't spend more time looking at everything in each room but she didn't do anything like that.

She didn't even go in my garden.

I was quite pleased actually, but then I don't think she did her job properly.:laughing:

Mollymop
13-02-2008, 02:25 PM
Oh yes, I forgot!. We were warned that can check where ever they like when I did my icp course. Apparently it is in "their power", just incase you are hiding axes and shotguns in your bedroom.:rolleyes: