PDA

View Full Version : Am over the moon!!

Buzz Lightyear
19-05-2009, 05:27 PM
Sorry to brag but today, I have filled my last space :clapping:

For those worrying about not getting enquiries, believe me, they will come. Initially, I panicked about not filling my spaces and while all was quiet at first, lately I have been inundated thanks to clever marketing!

I've had to call two potential parents who were coming tomorrow and Thursday and turn them down as my new parent is coming with the deposit and to sign contracts tomorrow.

Good luck to others, believe in yourself, you'll fill your spaces and advertise, advertise, advertise :thumbsup:

So if anyone local is looking for mindees, pm me as the parents have asked for recommendations :D

Minstrel
19-05-2009, 05:30 PM
well done you!

its lovely reading these stories as i'm just starting off and worry about filling spaces. i hope i follow you and get full eventually. :D

Buzz Lightyear
19-05-2009, 05:33 PM
You will definitely get there. Thing is, when I started out, I kept saying I'd only like one or two mindees and only wanted to work part time. Now however, I am working full time and have four permenant mindees (obv not all on the same day!) and one 8-week contract. No wonder I am a walking zombie, lol!! But it's so nice to be in demand.

I've decided not to go with any before or after schoolies for the time being so all vacancies taken are under 5's.

Good luck though Minstrel, it will happen and then you'll be rushed off your little tutsies!

Andrea08
19-05-2009, 05:36 PM
just wish you could send some my way hun but well done you :thumbsup:

Buzz Lightyear
19-05-2009, 05:37 PM
Awh I'm sorry Andrea08, might be a bit far for the parents I've turned away but still looking.

Some positive vibes heading your way..... :littleangel:
x

Minstrel
19-05-2009, 05:44 PM
Thanks for the good luck vibes- you obviously possess them so i'll grab them with both hands!

Tatjana
19-05-2009, 05:47 PM
Well done you!:thumbsup:

So, Ellie, let me in on your clever marketing...mine's obviously not that clever as only had 2 enquiries which amounted to zilch, lol!

Come on, tips pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!

xx

Buzz Lightyear
19-05-2009, 05:55 PM
I always ask parents how they heard of me and everyone one has said "you are all over the internet!" Obviously in a good way though :thumbsup: I have built my own website and linked it to google so that should a parent search for me, my site comes up first along with the likes of netmums, childcare.co.uk and other sites which I have registered on. You create tags on your website which then link back to you. I also have a free listing on google which comes up should a parent search for "childminder in...." well any area of West Yorkshire so it seems :blush:

Alibali
19-05-2009, 05:59 PM
Fantastic news, well done:clapping:

estrelas
19-05-2009, 05:59 PM
well done ellie, glad all is going well xx

mumof1
19-05-2009, 06:03 PM
Nice to hear your story, as this is something i am worrying about. Hopefully i will be in such demand as you are.:)

misst104
19-05-2009, 06:04 PM
Not suprised that you are full at all Ellie :thumbsup: As I said earlier, WELL DONE!!!!!!

You know which ones I want refering now!! :D :D :D

Hope you are going tpo have a little drink to celebrate. I'll think of you at my committee meeting

xxx jo

ORKSIE
19-05-2009, 06:05 PM
Excellent news:thumbsup:

Gizmo
19-05-2009, 06:13 PM
Fantastic, can you send me some positive vibes as well:laughing:

Buzz Lightyear
19-05-2009, 06:15 PM
:littleangel: :littleangel: :littleangel:

These are my adopted positive vibes, hope they bring you all some new mindees!! :thumbsup:

Ripeberry
19-05-2009, 06:24 PM
Well done! I've contacted a parent who was looking for childcare on Net-mums. She lives about 20 mins away, but she was impressed by my website even though its very basic.
I've also e-mailed her details of my fees, settling in policy and daily routine, so she has a feel of things before she visits.
Hopefully, she'll want to visit as she has 2 children under 5yrs old which would fill my spaces really well and they would be here for 3 days a week 7.30am until 6pm.
So fingers crossed :)

Buzz Lightyear
19-05-2009, 06:42 PM
Sounds great Ripeberry, it's amazing how much a website can impress and despite the CIL (or CIS as I know some call it), parents will tend to check out the web first and do a google search. Good luck, hope all goes well :thumbsup:

emler
19-05-2009, 06:49 PM
That's great news Ellie :clapping:

Trouble
19-05-2009, 06:59 PM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Demonjill
19-05-2009, 07:03 PM
Thats fab Ellie:clapping: :clapping:

Sounds like you a bit excited about being full up!lol:rolleyes:

Good for you I hope im as lucky when its my turn!!!

estrelas
19-05-2009, 07:15 PM
i really need to do a website

wish i had done it whilst registering, too busy now :( , might try to make an effort

manjay
19-05-2009, 07:18 PM
Well done Ellie! I am really pleased for you. You sound like I did when I first started saying I only want a few mindees. Here I am 18 months later trying to juggle 10 of them:D

I have found my website to be invaluable. I always ask parents to take a good look before they come and see me as I think they can get a good feel for me from it. This usually stops people wasting my time coming to see me when we are not on the same wavelength.

manjay
19-05-2009, 07:20 PM
i really need to do a website

wish i had done it whilst registering, too busy now :( , might try to make an effort

Piece of cake honest;) and you can spend as long as you want getting it sorted before you go live iyswim. Go on have a go

Buzz Lightyear
19-05-2009, 07:36 PM
Piece of cake honest;) and you can spend as long as you want getting it sorted before you go live iyswim. Go on have a go

I second that Kerri although I put A LOT of time and effort into my website and was forever changing the design until I was happy with it. I get invaluable praise for my website as it's one of the first things parents see relating to me before they contact me. They always say "I've been on your website which is very professional" :clapping: Well worth the hours put in. You can build it slowly but surely :thumbsup:

LOOPYLISA
19-05-2009, 07:38 PM
Wel done :thumbsup:

miffy
19-05-2009, 08:39 PM
Well done Ellie :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Miffy xx

jibberjitz
21-05-2009, 08:01 PM
Well done Ellie :clapping: Must be lovely to be in demand :thumbsup: