PDA

View Full Version : NOTICE

HELEN10
19-05-2009, 04:29 PM
Hi hoping someone can advise, I will be giving a child 4 weeks notice to leave but the last week of that four week period i will be on holiday (for which i do not receive payment from that child). Can that holiday week count as my fourth week or not?

HELEN10

littlestar
19-05-2009, 04:34 PM
hello personnally i would put it in have a read of your contract see what it says in small print sure i read sumthing on there about notice and hols sorry not much help :blush:

TheBTeam
19-05-2009, 04:35 PM
I am guessing you don't use the ncma contracts, i think on those they say that a period of notice can not include a holiday or period of paid time off!

I would see if the parent minds, it may be that they don't and then it would be okay, but be prepared to have to do a week longer.

Pauline
19-05-2009, 04:42 PM
I will just move your messsage to minding chat as this section is for problems with the forum :)

HELEN10
19-05-2009, 04:45 PM
Thanks, Pauline, sorry was having trouble with posting.

HELEN10

Blaze
19-05-2009, 04:53 PM
No the 4th week doesn't count if it's a holiday ...they can pay you in lieu if they would prefer it to end when you go on holiday...otherwise you have to work 1 more week & be paid for that "fifth" week IYSWIM. (pesuming you use NCMA contracts...if not it depends what's in the small print of your contracts).
Hth:)