PDA

View Full Version : Food Inspection

Blue Boy
19-05-2009, 04:00 PM
Wonder if anyone can help? We have just received a phone call from another CM in our area who has just registered with the local council as she provides food for her mindees ( as we all have to do now):rolleyes: Just one more thing we have to worry about:angry:
She has received notification from the council that they are going to do an inspection of her home before they accept her registration. We have never heard of any CM being inspected other than where there has been a concern raised:eek:
Has anyone else ever had such an inspection and if so what do they do?

We have advised her to get the free pack from the Food Standards Agency which will help her to see what she should be doing.

This has come as a blow to her as she has just returned to childminding after being off on maternity leave.

If anyone can help it will be the fantastic people on this site.

Lots of Love

Mick xx
Childminders Rule OK!!!

littlestar
19-05-2009, 04:27 PM
hello :) i havent came across this yet sorry hopefully someone will come along alot more helpfull just wanted to bumb it back up good luck

Andrea08
19-05-2009, 05:05 PM
as far as i know blackpool is the only area where cm's dont have to register (thank god) as there are too many food outlets for the council to monitor but sorry dont know anymore than that x x

tammerisk
19-05-2009, 05:10 PM
i had my inspection on monday not really very scary but i only serve snack so all she did was fill out a questionarie and then a quick look in my kitchen to see if it clean and a little look at where my fridge was.
then she said that it for 2 years.
she did say as i only look after 2 children then it not really bad but if i looked after more i would need to be inspected agian and it might be a little more complicated if you served meals

grindal
19-05-2009, 05:12 PM
Hi
I had my food inspection last week - only started minding 4 weeks ago. It was absolutely fine. the guy turned up went thru the SFBB pack with me and that was about it. He only went into my kitchen by my request as I had spent so long cleaning it I felt he should look at it! He also measured my fridge temp at my request. I have a report stating I am not a food hygeine risk and will get a nice certificate.
I am in Enfield, but know others have had them too.
Grindal

OrlandoBelle
19-05-2009, 05:20 PM
What is this all about?? I have never heard of this! I didn't realise we had to register with anyone if we served food! Whatever next?? :mad:

Chanelle
19-05-2009, 05:29 PM
I think that this applies if you serve food to more than 8 children. I am not 100% on this but am sure it was here on the forum that I heard it. ....Hopefully someone will remember ??

Good luck and lets hope we dont have to do this too lol ...One inspection every 3 years is enough ! dont want a food one every year too !! :panic:

Tatjana
19-05-2009, 05:50 PM
Hi
I had my food inspection last week - only started minding 4 weeks ago. It was absolutely fine. the guy turned up went thru the SFBB pack with me and that was about it. He only went into my kitchen by my request as I had spent so long cleaning it I felt he should look at it! He also measured my fridge temp at my request. I have a report stating I am not a food hygeine risk and will get a nice certificate.
I am in Enfield, but know others have had them too.
Grindal

Grindal, who do I need to contact to register, do you have their number please?

xx

sarah707
19-05-2009, 05:54 PM
It is in the Eyfs that you must register as a food business.

Some areas don't want childminders to register as they would be overwhelmed.

If you are registered and they come out to see you it should be a pretty quick thing, they will go through Safer Food Better Business and check you are set up to do things properly eg fridge and food thermometers etc.

all councils are dealing with it in different ways, so it's down to your local area.

Aimiev the first step is to ring your local council and say you want to register as a food business... then you can find out what they expect of you.

Hth :D

ORKSIE
19-05-2009, 06:14 PM
Our local council hasnt asked us to register YET, give em time:panic:

Ripeberry
19-05-2009, 08:16 PM
I've sent off my registration form with a copy of my menu! They wanted to know lots of things and it was sent to them nearly 2 months ago. Hope they don't turn up out of the blue.
But, yes most areas require you to register :mad:

Pipsqueak
19-05-2009, 09:26 PM
It is in the Eyfs that you must register as a food business.Some areas don't want childminders to register as they would be overwhelmed.

If you are registered and they come out to see you it should be a pretty quick thing, they will go through Safer Food Better Business and check you are set up to do things properly eg fridge and food thermometers etc.

all councils are dealing with it in different ways, so it's down to your local area.

Aimiev the first step is to ring your local council and say you want to register as a food business... then you can find out what they expect of you.

Hth :D

Thats true!!!!:)

Its also an EU regulation as well

Ally
19-05-2009, 09:38 PM
I have a feeling that here in Surrey it is down to local councils not county council cos some areas of Surrey have to register and not others! Surrey Heath have to be but not Woking!!! One thing for one and one for the other - sounds familiar! I should imagine that Woking wouldn't cope! :laughing:

Ally

sonia ann
20-05-2009, 06:06 AM
Here in Poole we do not have to register either. However they will accept our registration so that we comply with EYFS regulations but say it is unlikely that they will visit especially if we are only serving snacks:)

angeldelight
21-05-2009, 05:33 PM
We had to be registers almost 3 years ago I think we were the first area to do this

But they have never been out to inspect anyone here

Just had a letter to confirm that I had registered with the local council

Depends on where you live like most things :laughing:

Angel xx