PDA

View Full Version : a 4 year old child who goes to school?

mozarella
19-05-2009, 01:22 PM
is he considered as early year group ( eg under 5) or is it classified on the other register?

Trying to work out if I could have another under 5 when my 4 year old minde goes to school in september

Daftbat
19-05-2009, 01:23 PM
Once a child attends full time school they are classed as over five on your books. You do have to continue to do EYFS until 31st Aug after their fifth birthday though.

Andrea08
19-05-2009, 01:26 PM
Once a child attends full time school they are classed as over five on your books. You do have to continue to do EYFS until 31st Aug after their fifth birthday though.

all your under 8's are on the same register hun and penny is right about the eyfs untill end of reception class 31st Aug x

mozarella
19-05-2009, 01:32 PM
thanks, I am just a bit confused about it all, wanted to make sure I could sign another under 5 if she went to school

Chatterbox Childcare
19-05-2009, 05:21 PM
Once your 4 year old is at school for 10 sessions they are classed as over 5 in your ratio's but they are still under the EYFS Register.

If you write to Ofsted and say that 1 has gone to school they should amend your certificate to reflect that and then you can have another 1 under 5

rickysmiths
19-05-2009, 11:46 PM

I have dicovered that this is not so. The school do their Profile by the end of the Summer Term -mid to end of July even if the child is not 5 until the 31 August. If a child is 5 on the 1st September EYFS has to be followed until the Profile is done in July. Once the Profile is complete they are no longer within EYFS.