PDA

View Full Version : Complaints Procedure

Blue Boy
18-05-2009, 04:01 PM
I must be going old because I know someone put down a thread asking a question about the time limits in which complaints should be dealt with, but I cant find it now:panic: This arose out of their inspection when they were asked what are the differences in both registers.

I have just been looking on the Ofsted website and have found an updated (May 2009) publication in which it states as follows:
If you are a parent or carer and you make a formal written complaint about one or more of the requirements or conditions of registration, your provider must carry out an investigation. They must tell you about the outcome of their investigation, and any action they take, or plan to take, as an outcome of your complaint. They must do this within:
 28 days of receiving your complaint if they are registered on the Early Years Register, or
 20 days of receiving your complaint if they are registered on the Childcare Register.
You can ask to have the outcome of their investigation in writing. If you are not satisfied with their response, or your concern relates to a matter you cannot discuss with your provider, you can contact us. Our contact details are at the end of this leaflet.
All registered childcare providers, except home childcarers, must keep a record of written complaints.

I have hopefully attached the link correctly below: A word version can be printed off. We have done it and placed it in our business file. Hope this will satisfy Ofsted.
http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/Ofsted-home/Forms-and-guidance/Browse-all-by/Other/General/Factsheet-childcare-Concerns-and-complaints-about-childminders-and-childcare-providers

Hope this helps everyone:thumbsup:

Mick

rickysmiths
18-05-2009, 04:21 PM
Thanks for that Mick. Just been and printed it to add to my file.:thumbsup:

louloudi
18-05-2009, 04:45 PM
so glad you posted

I haven't got a clue about the different registers. I have a complaints procedure and I assumed this would be enough! Silly Me!!

Great more homework to do:(