PDA

View Full Version : Parents help with planning activites

OrlandoBelle
18-05-2009, 01:46 PM
I am trying to make a sheet to send home at weekends for parents to record what their child has done recently or the things they enjoy at home to enable me to support their interests in my setting.

Of course I have all this infomation in their records from when they first started, but as children grow, their interests inevitably change, so I would like parents to keeep me updated. It is not always possible to talk to the parents at the end of the day as they're always in a hurry to get home, so I thought this might be a good idea.

Does anyone else do this, and if so, what do you call it? I'm having trouble with a heading and how to word it at the moment. :rolleyes:

michellethegooner
18-05-2009, 01:50 PM
I have a sheet that I give out to update food likes/dislikes, new interests etc
Sorry it doesn't have any fancy name :laughing: just individual record *updated* then the date

hth

Mouse
18-05-2009, 01:53 PM
It's a good idea, but you might find that not many parents will bother to do it each weekend. It's often hard enough getting them to complete the forms we need, without adding extras!
I would send a form each term, or every couple of months at the most.

You could call it something like 'Home Liason Form'

OrlandoBelle
18-05-2009, 02:07 PM
Home Liason form... I like that!:) Thank you. Yeah maybe weekends is too much. Their interests aren't going to change that rapidly!

Right, i'm gonna get stuck in tonight! :)