PDA

View Full Version : Sefsefsefsefsefsefsef!!!!!!!

grindal
18-05-2009, 12:27 PM
I am still trying to complete this. It is like some sort of epic. Every time I think i am nearing the end another blank space looms up at me!
Bored Bored Bored
Grindal

Carol
18-05-2009, 01:18 PM
Just think once it is done thats another thing you can tick off. It really does help as it allows ofsted to read all about you and then hopefully when you are inspected that dont stay hours and hours and hours. It just gives Ofsted an insight as to what you do. Well worth doing it, but dont worry if you havent completed it all.
Keep going, good luck

Carol xxxx

ORKSIE
18-05-2009, 01:20 PM
It does take forever:(
But well worth it in the end:)
Good luck, keep plodding on:thumbsup:

Polka Dots
18-05-2009, 01:23 PM
Completely empathise with you Grindal! What I can't gauge is how many words I should write for each additional comment. Do Ofsted want to see a few sentences, a few paragraphs or an essay!! :panic:

grindal
18-05-2009, 01:24 PM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
Hoorah
I have finally finished. Am not sure the last few sections are in quite as much depth as the first few hundred pages but I guess I can now update it when ever I feel like it!:laughing:
Grindal

misst104
18-05-2009, 01:27 PM
:clapping: Well done on finishing it! I'm really not looking forward to it at all :panic:

xxx jo

nannymcflea
18-05-2009, 01:31 PM
Completely empathise with you Grindal! What I can't gauge is how many words I should write for each additional comment. Do Ofsted want to see a few sentences, a few paragraphs or an essay!! :panic:

I managed an essay on most things, repeating myself frequently on different areas...it was like War and Peace:laughing:

Still, worth it in the end!

grindal
18-05-2009, 01:31 PM
Polka Dot - I have written loads in some sections and very little in others. I have only been minding for 4 weeks so parts are quite difficult.
Grindal

grindal
18-05-2009, 01:35 PM
They are having a laught arent they?:censored:
Now they want me to complete a feedback form about completing the longest form i have ever completed in my entire life?:angry:
I think they can go jump:laughing:
Off to collect DS1 from playgroup instead.
Grindal

michellethegooner
18-05-2009, 01:43 PM
They are having a laught arent they?:censored:
Now they want me to complete a feedback form about completing the longest form i have ever completed in my entire life?:angry:
I think they can go jump:laughing:
Off to collect DS1 from playgroup instead.
Grindal

lol it is something else isnt it :laughing: at least yours is done, still have to get round to finishing mine lol

Playmate
18-05-2009, 01:49 PM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
Hoorah
I have finally finished. Am not sure the last few sections are in quite as much depth as the first few hundred pages but I guess I can now update it when ever I feel like it!:laughing:
Grindal

After working on it for 4 months (probably about 20 - 30hrs) Mick and I have now finally got ours down on paper just need to type it on line. It was too diffcult for us to do it directly online and together so have bashed it out on paper (about 30 sheets!!) hopefully it will look more condensed typed up. Mick now has the task of typeing it in and then copy and pasteing into mine, with a few personal alterations (which Ofsted have given us permission to do - thank goodness!) :clapping: :clapping:

Chanelle
18-05-2009, 05:06 PM
I can't even log in!! I cant find where to go lol :panic:

angeldelight
18-05-2009, 05:24 PM
I am still trying to complete this. It is like some sort of epic. Every time I think i am nearing the end another blank space looms up at me!
Bored Bored Bored
Grindal

Yeah I felt the same when doing mine

Keep smiling

:laughing: :laughing:

Angel xx

angeldelight
18-05-2009, 05:24 PM
I can't even log in!! I cant find where to go lol :panic:

Do you really want to know ha ha

Angel xx

Brenda
20-05-2009, 07:02 PM
Bored Bored Bored
Grindal

:laughing: Sorry not laughing at you but just remembering having the same feeling as you. Glad it's all over........till it's due for review!
Keep going you'll get there eventually. :thumbsup:

zillervalley
11-06-2009, 06:28 PM
Hi

didnt have mine finished when mrs S came she didnt mind just said keep at it for the next time not sure how often to submit it to ofsted

carla
11-06-2009, 07:01 PM
oh god, just gonna start mine! groan groan.

angeldelight
11-06-2009, 07:20 PM
oh god, just gonna start mine! groan groan.

Good luck

Angel xx

sophiestars
11-06-2009, 07:35 PM
well done ladies - finished mine on paper a couple of weeks ago but have been putting it off typing it up online - I think it will trigger my inspection so I'm too scared!!! lol!

Sarah Jane Gale
20-06-2009, 08:07 PM
can any of you email me yours so i can get some "IDEAS"

PPLLLLLEEEEAAAAASSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEeee
:clapping:

Hebs
20-06-2009, 08:23 PM
i looked at the SEF but decided not to do it :blush:

my inspection was just 2 hours and thats without it :thumbsup:

Sarah Jane Gale
20-06-2009, 08:32 PM
so am i freaking for nothing then? did ofsted no flip?

i also reg in jan but thought they would go spaky if i not do it!

06lottie
20-06-2009, 08:33 PM
well doen for completing form:thumbsup:

I have just recieved my through the post and will look tomorrow on web what its all about.Its a great idea but all ready i feel i have so much to do paperwork wise x

CCJD
21-06-2009, 09:09 AM
I am half way through mine (well it feels like half way but like others have said just when you think you must nearly be there another 10 pages appears.) I am finding the second part of the SEF sooooooo repetative. Whoever designed this form was a right muppet - why ask how you keep children safe - to then ask again "how do you safeguard all children". I know there is a subtle difference but why not put a note in the initial question to consider both the issue of keeping each child safe and the issue of addressing a group of children. Why so much replication - it's doing my head in!!!!!

Hebs
21-06-2009, 09:13 AM
so am i freaking for nothing then? did ofsted no flip?

i also reg in jan but thought they would go spaky if i not do it!

nope, i was honest, i told her i'd looked at it but that i couldn't get my head around it so didn't bother completeing it.

she was fine about it :thumbsup:

i had also heard that completeing the SEF speeds up your inspection but mine was just 2 hours long without doing the SEF :)

Chatterbox Childcare
21-06-2009, 09:14 AM
I cannot see how new childminders are able to complete this yet. I would finish all the EYFS paperwork and be working for at least 6 months before doing the SEF. Have you looked at Sarah's ebooks on the subject? everyone is saying how good they are.

http://eyfsforchildminders.webnode.com//

sweets
21-06-2009, 09:20 AM
didn't do mine either! its not compulsary. I did start it but then they rang me to do inspection, i didn't have time to finish it. My inspection was 2 1/2 hours and inspector told me twice that you don't have to do it. so ive not bothered completing it. It depends i suppose if you want an outstanding! i am more than happy with my good rating.
Apparantly the NCMA do a form that you can fill in on reflecting and evaluating your practice that ofsted will accept instead of SEF, havn't looked at it though but its supposed to be more geared towards CM than the SEF is!

breezy
21-06-2009, 10:32 AM
have started mine, but a way to go yet, it seems so repetative

CCJD
21-06-2009, 11:03 AM
I also hate the fact that they ask you to grade yourself. How much impact does the grade you give yourself have on the inspectors grade?? For example I'd like to think that on some areas I am pretty hot - but dont want to say I am outstanding becuase that's a really big thing to say - what if I think my learning environment is fantastic but an inspector walks in and thinks in her experience that actually she's seen better? So you grade yourself good - does MRs Ofsted then think, well she doesnt think she's outstanding so I wont either??

Hate this hate this hate this