PDA

View Full Version : update ondifferent charges, retainer or deposit?

sweets
18-05-2009, 11:06 AM
Hi thanks for advice will charge full for both days i think! mum has just rang me and is coming for her 1st visit this aft, do i charge her a retainer or deposit as she doesn't want the space till nov? I do have a space now so i suppose it should be a retainer really but again i feel mean! lol. never been in this position before

Chatterbox Childcare
18-05-2009, 11:07 AM
It is really up to you. Personally I charge a non refundable deposit of 1 week or £100 - whichever is the lower

sweets
18-05-2009, 11:08 AM
Hi debbie, do you use the deposit and take it off the first months fee?

Chatterbox Childcare
18-05-2009, 11:11 AM
That is what I do but there are others that keep the deposit and take it off the last months bill when they leave

michellethegooner
18-05-2009, 11:19 AM
I take deposit off 1st months fees and charge fees a month in advance

sweets
18-05-2009, 11:28 AM
Thanks everyone,will take a months deposit and use it for 1st months fees.
Really nervous now! lol don't like 1st meetings!

rickysmiths
18-05-2009, 04:04 PM
i'm one of the ones who takes a 4 weeks fee Deposit and keeps it until the end of the contract.
It is then used to pay the four week notice period. I've had my fingers burnt once too often with people leaving and refusing to pay the notice period.

sweets
21-05-2009, 12:20 PM
hi the mum has contacted me and liked me! she now wants to book me for 3 full days from november, i was speaking to local childmnders and they said in order to guarantee her babies place i should charge a retainer of half fees until she starts.

i don't know what to do now! Retainer or deposit?
I can't really afford to hold a place for that long with no income from it!