PDA

View Full Version : a kitchen as a playroom?

mumof1
17-05-2009, 10:48 PM
Was just wondering do anybody use there kitchen as the main playarea? my kitchen is very large and i was thinking of using a good space of it as a playarea? my living room would be another area but kitchen would be main area. was just wondering wat you all thought and does anyone else do the same thing?

michellethegooner
17-05-2009, 10:51 PM
i know a c/m who has a huge kitchen, she has her the area where her cooker etc is fenced off with one of them multi use play pens & it works for her & looks fab

mumof1
17-05-2009, 11:03 PM
i know a c/m who has a huge kitchen, she has her the area where her cooker etc is fenced off with one of them multi use play pens & it works for her & looks fab

i was actually thinking of using a gate to fence the area off where cooker etc is, it sounds like a good idea and it would be better peace of mind aswell:)

Ally
17-05-2009, 11:39 PM
If the kitchen is big enough that when you move around with hot saucepans and stuff that you won't trip over toys etc then I can't see a problem - just demonstrate your awareness of the possible dangers if any

Ally

Blaze
18-05-2009, 02:28 AM
I don't see why not...I think fencing off an area is a good idea...just make sure you have a thorough risk assessment.:thumbsup:

huggableshelly
18-05-2009, 05:31 AM
sounds like a great idea, my kitchen is big but its the wrong shape lol plus the fencing off would create a fire risk as the exit door would only be accessible to the childrens side and not the kitchen side but I guess if i were to do it I could jump the fenced off area if needed.

luckily i have a large lounge and a hubby who works shifts so seems to be oblivious to the mess/clutter.

singlewiththree
18-05-2009, 06:10 AM
Was just wondering do anybody use there kitchen as the main playarea? my kitchen is very large and i was thinking of using a good space of it as a playarea? my living room would be another area but kitchen would be main area. was just wondering wat you all thought and does anyone else do the same thing?

Mine is a kitchen/diner all open and all my toys are in the there. I call it "the day room" as we spend most of our time in there. Its where I keep all the toys, we eat and play at the table and I cook in the kitchen. We also use the living room but the children prefer it in the "day room"

angeldelight
18-05-2009, 08:20 AM

Sounds a great idea

Have fun

Angel xx

Alibali
18-05-2009, 12:14 PM
Sounds great, especially when you are cooking and preparing food, you'll still be able to see them all.

I use my kitchen a lot with the mindees, they do all messy work, painting etc there and cooking and eating too!!

Zoomie
18-05-2009, 01:50 PM
Awwww, I wish I could swing a cat in my kitchen :D

mumof1
18-05-2009, 07:12 PM
Thanks everyone for your advice, think i might go with the fence, hubby wont be happy tho. lol:thumbsup: