PDA

View Full Version : couple Q's about pre reg visit

geordiebunny
17-05-2009, 07:37 PM
Just a couple quick questions that probably seem stupid but are puzzling me. Ok first Q we have a dog and I was going to get a friend to have her when I have my visits as she isn't brilliant with strangers and want to register whole house, do i have to have the dog around on my visit?
second Q do I have to have all my areas set up? just i don't have young kids so nothing on show just packed away but know where everything is going to go.
Last Q, for now, do I need a full first aid box? as was going to wait until i get registered and get off ncma.

Thanks I'm sure someone will be able to help me

Gizmo
17-05-2009, 07:46 PM
Dont know about dog but I didnt have areas set up he just needed to check the areas I was using, I was going to use full house as well but was talked out of it by cco we live in a bungalow and I thought I would have to register bedrooms but he told me not to as I have enough space to look after, I also thought about using dd2s bedroom as she will be at home but was advised that she wont always be 2 and when she is older and at school she will prob need her own space and wont want to share with mindees.I am now only registering living room bathroom and kitchen/dining room :thumbsup:

Daddy Day Care
17-05-2009, 07:47 PM
Not sure on the dog question, but to me if the dog wasnt there as an inspector I would worry why not, are you hiding it because its violent and wont be suitable with kids?

I had my pre reg visit 3 or 4 weeks ago now, I didnt have everything set up, no fire guard or stair gates, I told the inspector what I had, and said i could show her what I had but she was happy enough with me just telling her what i had (doesnt mean your inspector will be varies so much dpeending on area and inspector).

I was told you neeeded a full first aid box for the visit, my inspector asked if I had one, which I had but again she didnt want to see it or ask what was in it (again may be differnet for you).

Not sure this helps at all but good luck with your inspection

claireodon
17-05-2009, 08:03 PM
I had my pre reg visit last week. The inspector asked me if I had a first aid box which I showed her that I did but said that I still needed some things to go in it. Inspector said that I didn't have to have a fully stocked first aid box at the moment as long as I could demonstrate that I knew I had to have one and what the contents had to be.

I have a dog too and he was around during the visit - I think the inspector would expect the dog to be there. I had to show the inspector where he would be when I had minded children here and explain how I would ensure the welfare of the children i.e. up to date immunisations, food out of reach of children, wash hands after handling animals. Just something that came to mind when I read your post - do you plan to have the dog in the house when you mind children? How will he react to having strange children and parents coming in and out of the house?

geordiebunny
18-05-2009, 01:23 AM
my dog goes upstairs and sleeps most of the day, we are working with a trainer at mo to get her to calm down but she listens to me anyway. the dog will not have any access to minded children or the play areas while i am minding and she lets us know anyway when she needs to go out. we are registering all rooms for overnight care as we have had someone ask if we can help as they are a nurse working shifts.

mozarella
18-05-2009, 11:08 AM
dont know about the dog, but your dog will need to get used to strangers if you are going to mind children.

I didnt have a first aid box but mentioned I was going to get it through NCMA, the same with toys, I only had baby toys but said i would get toys once I have children lined up and buy according to age and stage and gave a few exemple.

Good luck

Chatterbox Childcare
18-05-2009, 11:13 AM
I would keep the dog at home and if asked explain that she will be in a room - I expect that room will not be registered.

As to the first aid box - explain away and say that you will get the NCMA once registered