PDA

View Full Version : Oh my word!

Minstrel
17-05-2009, 05:31 PM
I was on here on friday asking how to post a netmums advert and how successful people had been.

Well i've only gone and got an enquiry already off there!

I'm going to call her tomorrow but can anyone give me any advice? What to ask, what to say etc etc.... I have no idea .... this is my very first enquirey and i dont know where to start!

:eek:

Alibali
17-05-2009, 05:35 PM
Wow, that was quick, hope all goes well. Just be yourself and go with the flow, she'll probably have lots of questions for you.

ORKSIE
17-05-2009, 05:36 PM
Well done.:clapping:
You will want to know...age of child, Hours,full/part time..

Bananabrain
17-05-2009, 06:38 PM
Good for you,I'm sure it will be fine.

I always ask what age the child is and what hours they require first.

It will get alot easier as you get more enquiries{and you will} Now I tend to put the ball in the parent's court by asking them what they need from a childminder and what they think their child needs.I think it sounds more professional and sounds like you are willing to be accommodating and tailor your care to the individual child.
Also I always ask on the phone if they have had a childminder before and often say 'If you don't mind can I ask what you do'{jobwise}

It kinda gives me a feeling of what to expect and possibly how reliable they are going to be.:laughing:

Good Luck!

Bananabrain
17-05-2009, 06:41 PM
As Alibali says, ask the parents if they have any questions {or if they think of anything they are welcome to call you back anytime}

makes you sound caring:laughing:

Not that you aren't but you know what I mean.

estrelas
17-05-2009, 06:47 PM
Great news xx

Nothing ever came from mine

Doing some adverts now tho, massive advert drop tomorrow x

Gizmo
17-05-2009, 06:49 PM
Fantastic :thumbsup:
I check mine all the time but nothing yet.

FizzysFriends
17-05-2009, 06:52 PM
Try and get them to come and visit you to discuss things further, gives you a chance to wow them.

Minstrel
17-05-2009, 06:52 PM
Thanks girls.

I have started a list i will keep by the phone that will hopefully stop me 'drying up' withnothing to say. Thats what i dread the most is coming across as a real numpty!

Anyine else get the same fear?

jibberjitz
17-05-2009, 07:23 PM
Thats great news - hope it goes well tomorrow :thumbsup:

ORKSIE
17-05-2009, 10:04 PM
Let us know how it went:)

Chanelle
17-05-2009, 10:08 PM
Congrats !! I hope it goes well hunny !! Good luck for their visit :)

I never got anything from there and am really gutted cause I was to childmind full time but cant give in notice if i havent got any children, cant tell work in case i dont get kids lol

Never ending circle lol

Andrea08
17-05-2009, 10:13 PM
keep us posted hun ,,, well done you:thumbsup:

michellethegooner
17-05-2009, 10:13 PM
well done & good luck, I have got a few of my mindees from netmums actually 3 I have atm are from there...