PDA

View Full Version : pushing the boundries

mushpea
17-05-2009, 09:17 AM
i look after 3 sisters 6yrs, 3yrs and 19mnths, shoes are not allowed in my living room, when mum comes we have a lot to chat about at the moment for various reasons so she comes in to the living room (takes her shoes off), she then tells the girls to get their shoes on whilst we chat, at this point the 3yrold puts hers on the stands at the living room door, i remind her that shoes are not allowed in the living room but she looks at me, grins then walks over to mum:angry: i again remind her and then her mum casuly says you shouldnt be in here with your shoes on but doesent send her out of the room, this is really starting to bug me, not the shoes as such but the fact she is pushing the boundries and mum wont back me up, i have tried explaing this to mum but dosent seem to have worked, i dont want to rock the boat to much as they are my main income so need some ideas of how to sort this one out please.

christine e
17-05-2009, 09:22 AM
Oh aren't they good at this! You have to be firm and take control your house your rules! Maybe next time as she goes to get her shoes tell her that once on she cannot come back into the room and suggest she waits until mum is ready to leave before putting them on, other than this have them ready to leave and you and mum stand in the hallway and chat.

Cx

sweets
17-05-2009, 09:23 AM
3 year olds do like to test us don't they!lol.
Coud you maybe move the little girls shoes to where she can't reach them, and then when mum says put shoes on explain that 3 yr old can have hers when she is at the front door as you don't want her coming in the lounge with them on again.:)

Gizmo
17-05-2009, 09:25 AM
that must be very frustrating I have no shoes in my house as well and fil keeps his on and just glares at me when I ask him to remove them.:angry:
Bet the lo wouldnt do that when mums not there, she really does know she is winding you up, could you maybe talk to mum in the kitchen or hall then the lo wont do it :thumbsup:

ajs
17-05-2009, 09:29 AM
i have the same rule and the kids are generally very good but i agree that i would tell the 3 yr old to wait for her shoes until you have stopped chatting to mum.

as i am typing my builder has just walked through my sitting room and left massive muddy foot prints on my cream coloured carpet :angry: :angry: :angry:

wendywu
17-05-2009, 10:31 PM
Hold her shoes in your hand while you are chatting to the mum. Then put them on her when they are all by the door waiting to go:)