PDA

View Full Version : Time to Register

polkadots
17-05-2009, 12:02 AM
I have just sent my application off to Ofsted (posted 4 days ago), but just wondered if it varied how long it take to registration dependent on where you are in the country.
I have a child wanting to start in 4 weeks, am i dreaming thinking it could be through by then, everything on this site suggests i am. The mindees mum wants to claim tax credits so would need reg number.

I live in merseyside if that makes a difference. Thanks

FizzysFriends
17-05-2009, 09:35 AM
I think its standard across the board that ofsted have to do the pre-reg within 14 days but then CRB can take weeks from pre-reg.

I think the average is 3 months from sending off the forms from talking to others.

Mollymop
17-05-2009, 09:41 AM
It does take a while, as fizzy says. Once you have sent your appiclation forms off you have to wait a few weeks for ofsted to do your pre-reg, then wait a week or so (depending on how on the ball your insepctor is) for ofsted to send off your crb forms. You maybe one of the lucky ones who's crbs only take a few weeks, but most people have to wait a few months for there crbs to come back.

Good luck

Daddy Day Care
17-05-2009, 10:14 AM
I started to register in October, and im still not done, still waiting for my crb to coem back, Hope its a lot quicker for you

Gareth
xx

Chatterbox Childcare
17-05-2009, 10:23 AM
I doubt if you will get it sorted by then because of the CRB checks but you never know. Contact your FIS and see if they can do the check for you any quicker - you will have to pay for it but if you have a child waiting it may be worth it.

Alternatively you could look after the child in their own home but they wouldn't get tax credits for that.

Polka Dots
17-05-2009, 11:05 AM
Gosh this is going to get confusing polkadots.

If you've had an enhanced crb check for something else recently it will go through quicker. If you haven't you'll struggle to register in the 4 weeks.

Good luck

michellethegooner
17-05-2009, 12:06 PM

If you've had an enhanced crb check for something else recently it will go through quicker. If you haven't you'll struggle to register in the 4 weeks.

Good luck

I had a enhanced crb b4 I started minding and it still took 3 months :eek:

Like debbie said you could mind child in their house, but inform parents that they can only get tax credits once you are registered.

Zoomie
17-05-2009, 01:14 PM
I submitted almost two months ago, and am still waiting.

CRB was processed in exactly two weeks, but it has been 17 days as still nothing received by either Ofsted or me. I was able to get them to reprint on day 14, but it will be next week at the earliest before I can expect to receive it.

Suggest you either do the nanny option in child's own home, or let the family go.

It is shocking the number of families we have lost 'during registration' but unfortunately that is how the cookie crumbles.

You can but try, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Good luck

xx

jibberjitz
17-05-2009, 07:18 PM
I cant see you getting through the registration process in 4 weeks as the CRB's take a while but hope its not too much long of a wait for you :thumbsup:

Minstrel
18-05-2009, 05:03 PM

Good luck

Mine didnt go through any quicker :(

hubby is a police officer and we both had the done recently- and my ofsted one still took 10 weeks!