PDA

View Full Version : Received my SEF Already !!!!

Chanelle
16-05-2009, 05:41 PM
I have only been registered for 2 weeks and have already recieved my SEF Form details etc ... :panic:

I am so scared!! There seems to be alot involved and I had no idea it was THIS long !!I mean, I'm no fool and expected it to be lengthy but this ????

So anyway, I am guessing Sarah's E-book on SEF Writing is a must right ???

Antone got any tips apart from the obvious work through it gradually? I am definatelly going to be a while doing this ! :panic:

Mouse
16-05-2009, 05:55 PM
I managed mine without help from any e-books, but I know some people swear by them.

I'd say have a look at some Ofsted reports online to see what sort of things the inspectors are looking for in each section. Look at some good reports to see what they like & some not so good ones to see what they pick up on.

Also, use the help sections on the SEF pages. I found them really useful.

Finally, be prepared to go through it several times and keep adding bits. If you get stuck on one bit, leave it & come back to it later. It's surprising how many bits click into place when you've had a break.

Good luck!

Chanelle
16-05-2009, 06:03 PM
Thanks Mouse!!

I have just tried to log in to the page to register and itsnt available!!!!

Aggghhhh !! Was going to have a look and copy paste / download to word etc .. but now I cant get in !!

Chanelle
18-05-2009, 05:04 PM
Okay ... I must be either blind or stupid !!

I can't find where to log in to the Gov Gateway to do my SEF !!!

I put the link in to the top but nothing is coming up at all except that IE isnt working when it is !

The logging in is difficult as it is... I ain't even here yet lmao :panic: