PDA

View Full Version : struggling with self assessment

singlewiththree
16-05-2009, 03:23 PM
I have recieved a paper tax return (long story about trying to do it online) anyway I'm struggling can anyone help

Box 8: your turnover - is this my figure but before I take my expenses off?

Box 19: allowable expenses - do I just lump sum my expenses in this one.

Box 21: Net loss - I've made a loss as its my first year so do I put the total of turnover - expenditure here and is it allowed to be a - figure?

huggableshelly
16-05-2009, 04:37 PM
my hubby did mine and still does but hopefully someone will be in who can help you with your questions

singlewiththree
16-05-2009, 05:06 PM
Do you have to put copies of your P45 in your self assessment?

Chatterbox Childcare
16-05-2009, 11:19 PM
I have recieved a paper tax return (long story about trying to do it online) anyway I'm struggling can anyone help

Box 8: your turnover - is this my figure but before I take my expenses off?

Your income

Box 19: allowable expenses - do I just lump sum my expenses in this one.

All your expenses unless you earned more than £30000 and then it needs to be split up

Box 21: Net loss - I've made a loss as its my first year so do I put the total of turnover - expenditure here and is it allowed to be a - figure?

Your loss of Box 8 minus Box 19

singlewiththree
17-05-2009, 08:14 AM
Thanks Debbie, It's my first time and I'm a bit nervous

geordiebunny
23-05-2009, 02:45 AM
no don't send off any paperwork other than tax return it may get lost and you might not get it back. if they did want to see the paperwork they will write out to you and ask for it.

Chatterbox Childcare
24-05-2009, 06:48 PM
I would apply on line and process it through the internet. You will need to wait for a letter with a number and further instructions but once lodged the figures are calculated instantly.