PDA

View Full Version : Any suggestions on advertistising?????

bex8282
16-05-2009, 01:41 PM
Hello again... Just love this site!!

Just had my inspection and now I realise I am going to have a long wait before I recieve the all clear to start.
Had some advice to start advertising - Has anyone got any suggestions it would be HUGE Help. Thank you :)

Also is there any free ad`s you can put out there - just looked in a local newspaper and its quite deer... and quite shocking:eek:

mumof1
16-05-2009, 01:54 PM
I advertise on netmums, gumtree, and vivastreet.

They are all free advertising, and you will get loads of responses;)

sweets
16-05-2009, 02:12 PM
Hi i hadn't heard of gumtree, but just had a look and made myself an ad:)

madasahatter
16-05-2009, 02:19 PM
A friend of mine who's new to childminding has had some t-shirts printed. She got the t-shirts from M+S (nice fitted styling) and she took them to a local t-shirt printers. She had her business name (XXXX childcare) as a small logo on the chest and on the back she's had it printed with 'registered childminder' in larger letters. They look very nice. I don't know how much they cost but they can be offset as a business expense.

Tatjana
16-05-2009, 03:23 PM
Re Gumtree, i must be really thick as everyone keeps saying it's free to advertise only it keeps telling me it costs £4.95

What am i doing wrong?????????????!!:eek:

xx

Tatjana
16-05-2009, 03:28 PM
OK, for 'services' you need to pay...which catergory did you post your ads in?!

xx

Tatjana
16-05-2009, 03:42 PM
LOL, i've worked it out a long last!:p

xx

michellethegooner
16-05-2009, 04:21 PM
Hi there was a thread previously with tips for advertising

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=4171&highlight=advertising

hth

mumof1
17-05-2009, 10:54 PM
LOL, i've worked it out a long last!:p

xx

o glad you got it done on, it only charges if you want it to appear on top listings for so many days, but wat i do is after about 3 days i go into reset settings and just type in my password (not actually changing any settings) and within 4 hours it is on the first page again at the top:thumbsup:

Try netmums aswell!

bex8282
18-05-2009, 07:46 AM
I advertise on netmums, gumtree, and vivastreet.

They are all free advertising, and you will get loads of responses;)

Thanks for all your replies, going to check out these site`s- Thank you :)