PDA

View Full Version : where do you get your paper / crayon from

mozarella
16-05-2009, 12:21 PM
Is there somewhere reasonably priced where I could stock up on pencil, colour pencil, paper etc

michellethegooner
16-05-2009, 12:24 PM
I normally get them from poundland, wilkinsons sometimes from baker ross

sweets
16-05-2009, 12:24 PM
Hi tesco is quite good and reasonably cheap, they do little packets of stick on crafts too. I get a lot of mine from there and homebargains is great if you have one.:)

sonia ann
16-05-2009, 12:35 PM
we have a hobbycraft near us I stock up with loads of stuff from there......:) :)

georgie456
16-05-2009, 01:57 PM
I generally do the poundshop.... I buy in bulk so they last ages then!

The Juggler
16-05-2009, 03:47 PM
Ikea also do large packs of coloured paper. If you can get together with other minders and do some bulk ordering, use one of the educational catalogues (like HOPE. They do huge packs of paper (over 500 per pack I think). I've still got black card left from 2 years ago the pack was so big. Packs of 20 scissors, 20 glue sticks etc, good quality colour pencils (chubbies, long etc). Really makes it worthwhile if you can order enough to pay for delivery.

Toothfairy
16-05-2009, 05:10 PM
No where in particular, just where ever have a good offer on at the time.
If I see a good offer I stock up even if I don't need the yet.

miffy
16-05-2009, 08:47 PM
Pound shop, wilkinson's, Tesco, The Works, Partners, WHSmith's, Home Bargains - anywhere that has a sale!

Online I use baker ross and s&s services

Miffy xx

Bananabrain
17-05-2009, 11:41 AM
Pound shop, wilkinson's, Tesco, The Works, Partners, WHSmith's, Home Bargains - anywhere that has a sale!

Online I use baker ross and s&s services

Miffy xx

Same as Miffy.

I buy stuff that I don't need right now if it's cheap!

One thing I would say though is that the really cheap felt tips that I have bought from Asda,poundland etc, don't last very long.

Will probably invest in slightly better quality ones next time.

ajs
17-05-2009, 11:48 AM
if you're a member of costco then they often do geat beargains on craft stuff.
i bought a big pack of 1000 sheets of coloured paper for under £6 and they do fantastic glue sticks packs of 12 for under £5 and they are good quality too
they currently have packs of scissors in so next time ig o i think i will have to invest in them too

Daftbat
17-05-2009, 07:08 PM
Tesco is quite good for cheap crayons, pens etc.

One of my parents works for a printing company and they get left over sheets which have to go between printed material and i get a good supply from there. Its work thinking about what your customers do for a living and seeing if they can get hold of resources.

Another customer used to do her own design work and gave me left over vinyl and sticky back plastic stuff from cutting out her designs. Kids will make use of anything!

bexcee
17-05-2009, 09:43 PM
I used to get everything from Woolworths but not any more :rolleyes:

Do you have a scrap store near you? It's where companies donate things they no longer need and then cm, playgroups, school etc can go and make a donation for the supplies. It's a good way of getting stuff for next to nothing and recycling for the companies as it would otherwise go to the tip. I get paper, cards, buttons, plastic tubs, the free gifts from cereals, material, pens, promotional folders and freebies, paint and loads more when I go for just a couple of pounds.

Worth looking into imo :)