PDA

View Full Version : I was sad and now I am happier

Chatterbox Childcare
16-05-2009, 10:17 AM
I have looked after a mindee for 3 years and mum told me last month that she is changing her job. As they do not leave close I will be losing my little one. He is such a lovely little boy and the contract was term time, fitting into my current schedule of children.

Today a family came to see me for cover starting September, term time only and 10 minutes after they left they rang to say "yes please hold the space".:jump for joy: :jump for joy:

Whilst I am sad to see my little one go I am excited about a new one starting and I am full once again.

For those of you waiting for work and feeling like it will never come, you just don't know what is around the corner. Hang in there. :clapping:

mumof1
16-05-2009, 10:26 AM
Im glad to hear that, cos sometimes i think it will never happen for me.:( You must be an excellent childminder, I can only hope to have the same success you have had.:)

So happy you have filled your place, hope the little one brings you loads of joy:)

Chatterbox Childcare
16-05-2009, 10:28 AM
Im glad to hear that, cos sometimes i think it will never happen for me.:( You must be an excellent childminder, I can only hope to have the same success you have had.:)

So happy you have filled your place, hope the little one brings you loads of joy:)

Chin up and keep positive. I have been doing this for 15 years now and I have had my ups and downs, happy and disappointing times.

I will happen :)

pinklady
16-05-2009, 10:29 AM
Fab! Glad it worked out so well :thumbsup:

emler
16-05-2009, 10:46 AM
That's great Debbie :clapping:

HENNY
16-05-2009, 11:24 AM
Glad to hear you are able to fill your places - you are obviously thought well of in your area for doing a good job.I'm feeling a bit despondent at the moment because a baby came for a day last week and was due to take up a place but his mum didnt get a job she was going for and so he isn't coming any more.I also in the same week had an enquiry about a place for a 14mth old and the mum was coming to see me but she cancelled at the last minute and said she would rearrange next week but I'm not very hopeful.I'm going to have to look for another job soon if things don't improve-it's nice to hear that some of you are doing well.:)

sarah707
16-05-2009, 12:42 PM
It's funny how things turn out sometimes isn't it?

Glad to hear this one has gone right for you :D

Gizmo
16-05-2009, 12:57 PM
That is great, has worked out perfect for you :thumbsup:

miffy
16-05-2009, 01:01 PM
Great timing! Although it's sometimes sad to see little ones go, getting to know new families and their children is part of what keeps the job interesting.

Hope this works out for you

Miffy xx

georgie456
16-05-2009, 01:52 PM
That is karma!!! As sad as it is to lose one, at least you have "replaced" them nice and quickly - congrats! It's nice to know there is work out there :)

Ripeberry
16-05-2009, 02:31 PM
Thanks for giving us a 'chin-up girls' talk, glad that you've managed to fill your space. I feel low sometimes and now i know why they were never any childminders in my area.....mostly old people or rich people who can employ nannies.
I'm just biding my time, but if i don't get one enquiry by October then i'll get upset :(
Reminds me, got to re-do my listing on ************* to include the website, might get some more action.

watgem
16-05-2009, 02:50 PM
Lovely news thanks for sharing, perhpas things will start to look up now.:)

michellethegooner
16-05-2009, 03:45 PM
good news, goes in roundabouts lol

Toothfairy
16-05-2009, 05:22 PM
:clapping: Great news, well done:clapping: