PDA

View Full Version : bussy bee vouchers

childminder54
12-02-2008, 05:03 PM
ive got a new child starting in may and mom has asked me about these vouchers ive heard about them but donot know how they work thanks ...

veronicaxx you all are so frendly im glad i came across this page

susi513
12-02-2008, 05:34 PM
http://www.busybeesvouchers.com/parent-enquiry/6.html

You can register on the busy bees site. You then get a number from Busy Bees which you can give to any parent who also wants to register with Busy Bees.

The parents are agreeing to sacrifice part of their salary towards the voucher scheme. Each parent can have up to £243 a month of their salary paid as vouchers and they don't pay tax or NI on the payments they receive as vouchers.

Originally the parents would get a paper voucher which they handed as payment to their childcarer. Now, its mostly done online - the parent has to authorise the payments from their voucher account to each childcarer they want to pay. From your point of view its quite easy - you just bill the parent as normal and the voucher element should appear in your account just like a standing order or bank transfer. Obviously the parent has to make arrangements to pay any extra they owe.

As with anything technical, there are hitches from time to time. But when it happened to me Busy Bees paid my late fees. Usually it works quite well - as long as parents remember to authorise the payment on time. I explain to parents that whatever method of payment they choose it is their responsibility to ensure I receive cleared funds by the payment due date. So if they pay by cheque I need it a week before the due date, bank transfers 3 days before etc. And the parent, not the voucher provider, are ultimately responsible for my late fees as it is the parents who have signed the contract document.

I will give any voucher scheme a trial, but reserve the right to refuse to accept any particular voucher if its not working to my satisfaction.

HTH

childminder54
12-02-2008, 08:37 PM
to sussie thanks for that

veronicaxxx:jump for joy: :jump for joy: