PDA

View Full Version : New minde has left

Shirlwith3
16-05-2009, 06:16 AM
Well one of my new minde's has left my care as mum is flying to cyprus as her father is ill which will mean they are away for awhile with no Diffenent return date, Thursday was his last day, will really miss him as this week I had a break through with him eating at a table & eating meat, which has been a struggle that past month or so. thankfully he is not my main income, so will have to start advertising a full time place again.
I will really miss him & his mum, I had a lovely letter from mum saying how she wished I could go with them to look after little E for her, she did say that she will use some of the methods I have used to get him to eat & that she will keep in contact.

Shirl

ajs
16-05-2009, 06:23 AM
ah bless well done on whatever you're doing right.
i did readon FB that you said to come back if there was a space available for him. so you never know he could be back.

it's sad though when they go isn't it

huggableshelly
16-05-2009, 06:23 AM
aww its hard to let a child go, but you made an impact on the childs life and the moms life too so well done to you that in my books makes you a fantastic childminder.

maybe when things improve she will be home and calling you again for childcare.:thumbsup:

LittleAcorns
16-05-2009, 06:36 AM
Shirl, sounds like you did a fab job :D

sarah707
16-05-2009, 07:30 AM
Hope you fill your space quickly! x

miffy
16-05-2009, 07:32 AM
It is sad when they leave but cross your fingers they may be back soon.

Nice of mum to write you that lovely letter

Miffy xx

Shirlwith3
16-05-2009, 08:14 AM
Mum always said when dropping him of that he made her feel guilty when dropping him of as he would cry but only while he could see her, she was so pleased to have a daily diary. She even said in letter that she wished she found me sooner. They could be back later in the summer as her dad might have to come back to uk for an operation so might get a call around then.

But it it just typical just as get the lo settled & eating he has to leave. I must say that I rather have him than the 2 sisters (4yr & 8yrs)that I also mind, the house is louder when they are here, but they bring in more money.
I have theylittle sister too during 1/2 term as her minder is away for the week thankfully it will be a 4 day week.

Shirl

Shirlwith3
16-05-2009, 08:21 AM
this is what mum had to say:-

"I am extremley happy with your childminding & the only sad part about leaving Amesbury is taking E away from you. Wish I had found you sooner!

You always did so much with him & there were always pictures / cards that you had made with him, Mothers Day / Easter, again had him making baskets & cards, even photo's!

I always felt 100% happy leaving him with you even though at times he'd make me feel guilty, but with the daily diary, I saw he was happy once I'd gone, The diary also was helpful in knowing what he'd done.

thank you for spending so much time & patience trying to get him to eat, I'll try some of you methods.!

We'll both miss you- wish I could take you to Cyprus with me!"

Shirl

Tatjana
16-05-2009, 08:30 AM
Aww, what a lovely letter!

xx

Toothfairy
16-05-2009, 09:05 AM
What a fantastic letter, make sure you keep it to show Ofsted at your next inspection.

You are obviously an fab CM! :thumbsup:

georgie456
16-05-2009, 09:46 AM
It's a shame when you lose a good one isn't it?! Sounds like you did a great job with him though - I'm sure the space will be filled in no time at all :)