PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again another scrounger ripping of Tax credits and wasting my time

Julia
12-02-2008, 04:52 PM
I was really careful this time, i refused to give my childminder number out until I had the little boy for the first day and got paid.

Today was his second day and now he's to ill to come, mum promised to bring around the payment, hasn't turned up, I know shes been in contact with Tax people and is now claiming.

Im fed up with this, this happens all the time around here, if I dont get payment by the end of the week I'm reporting her:angry: :mad:

fionamal
12-02-2008, 05:00 PM
Some parents have a blooming cheek.

I would report them!

wendywu
12-02-2008, 05:03 PM
I dont understand did you not get paid in advance for the full week.:)

Mollymop
12-02-2008, 05:06 PM
I don't blame you for reporting her if you don't hear anything by the end of the week.

I hope you do hear something soon though, maybe with the little one being poorly she hasn't been able to get your money. You may get it tomorrow.

Can you ring and see how the little one is and ask about the money. XXXX

Good luck

wendywu
12-02-2008, 05:11 PM
Are we allowed to say scrounger!!!! only joking

sarah707
12-02-2008, 06:38 PM
Oh for goodness sake! Some people :panic:

crazybones
12-02-2008, 07:10 PM
Is there a contact where we can find out who is claiming Tax credits using our reference? Obviously they wont give out names but we could give legitimate parents names and they could cross reference against anyone else. I have suspicions about previous parents but not sure what to do about it.

Annie x

Twinkles
12-02-2008, 07:14 PM
oops!! I usually give out my registration number to prospective parents so that they can have a look at my OFSTED report online, maybe I should rethink that one.

deeb66
12-02-2008, 07:14 PM
From what I gather it happens quite a lot all over the country.

I don't give out my URN number until I have a contract signed and a cheque or some form of payment in my hand!

Cheeky Chops
12-02-2008, 07:25 PM
I never give out my reg number after I found out my niece was claiming benefit and never paid me for 3mnths!! I reported a lady I mind for currently and she just said they had been in contact with her and had I rung them, I told her they had rung me to ask how much I was charging (I read somewhere they did this?! so I thought it was ok to say it!!) and I had to tell her the correct amount as I didnt know what she had told them. she huffed a bit and was a little confused and just said there had been a mix up and she had been paid more than I was charging but it wasnt her fault! i felt so much better for ringing and the lady I spoke to said nothing would be passed on as it was all confidential. I am now getting every penny of what she is claiming for!! hurray!:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

this is the number that I rang, and she was very quick and knew what to do!

0845 3003941 the childcare provider helpline

crazybones
12-02-2008, 07:28 PM
I never give out my reg number after I found out my niece was claiming benefit and never paid me for 3mnths!! I reported a lady I mind for currently and she just said they had been in contact with her and had I rung them, I told her they had rung me to ask how much I was charging (I read somewhere they did this?! so I thought it was ok to say it!!) and I had to tell her the correct amount as I didnt know what she had told them. she huffed a bit and was a little confused and just said there had been a mix up and she had been paid more than I was charging but it wasnt her fault! i felt so much better for ringing and the lady I spoke to said nothing would be passed on as it was all confidential. I am now getting every penny of what she is claiming for!! hurray!:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

this is the number that I rang, and she was very quick and knew what to do!

0845 3003941 the childcare provider helpline

Thank you I am going to give them a ring tomorrow and see what happens.

Annie x

Tatia
21-02-2008, 09:47 AM
oops!! I usually give out my registration number to prospective parents so that they can have a look at my OFSTED report online, maybe I should rethink that one.

I print my report out to give to people in my perspectus.

I had a parent flat out ask me to tell the tax lady that I had her son for more hours that I actually did. I just said "No, I can't do that, that's fraud. Besides, they could check it against my tax records and see what I'm actually claiming for and if it came down to it, the might evn be able to demand my attendance register." She never asked again.

It's good to hear that they actually took action against someone, Cheeky Chops, as I know several people who have called to report it and the tax people didn't want to know.

LittleMissSparkles
21-02-2008, 10:48 AM
this is another reason I ask for one months fees in advance xxx

sorry its happened again xxx

Heaven Scent
21-02-2008, 11:13 AM
As I said on another thread yesterday I ask for payment on the 1st day of attendance each week and if they do not pay by day 3 care is withdrawn, was told to do this at my ICP.

I had woman from tax office come to visit me last week and I asked her if a parent claimed for more days than they were actually attending for would taht afffect me in so far as the income tax people were concerned and her reply surprised me - she said that their system wasn't that sophisticated and that there was no way they could check up but lets not tell parents that eh.

Celine:angry:

Banana
21-02-2008, 11:13 AM
I hope that it isnt the case and the little one is just unwell which is why she hasnt been round.

If you hear nothing report it... its all you can do!

Let us know what happens

x

LittleMissSparkles
21-02-2008, 11:17 AM
As I said on another thread yesterday I ask for payment on the 1st day of attendance each week and if they do not pay by day 3 care is withdrawn, was told to do this at my ICP.

I had woman from tax office come to visit me last week and I asked her if a parent claimed for more days than they were actually attending for would taht afffect me in so far as the income tax people were concerned and her reply surprised me - she said that their system wasn't that sophisticated and that there was no way they could check up but lets not tell parents that eh.

Celine:angry:

no wonder they get away with it then but if we tried to diddle the tax people im sure they would be quick off the mark ....

sarah707
21-02-2008, 11:19 AM
no wonder they get away with it then but if we tried to diddle the tax people im sure they would be quick off the mark ....

I am certain you are right Susan! :D

susi513
21-02-2008, 07:31 PM
Well I am cross that other people can get tax credits fraudulently when they stopped mine for no valid reason. They claim they never received our renewal pack last year. And after several phone calls when they keep saying they have reinstated it they now say its too late to reinstate it they needed the information last year. Bloke I spoke to yesterday was HORRIBLE and tried to make out it was all our fault. Even after I pointed out all the mistakes they've made - like putting my estimate for next years earnings down as my actual earnings for last year!

It makes little difference withholding your registration number. Its on your certificate that you are required to display on your wall for all to see. You can remove it when you are not childminding but anyone visiting your home during childminding hours can note this number.