PDA

View Full Version : do parents give notice for changing hours?

sweets
15-05-2009, 08:36 PM
I have a 3 year old full time at the mo, he is term time only but parents pay half in the hols. i was chatting with his mum the other day and she mentioned looking for a playgroup for him a couple of mornings from sept, she is the sort of parent who gives me very little notice on things, Such as she will say one day that he is not coming tommorrow as he his spending the day with grandma. I don't mind really and am happyto be flexable.
But if she wants to drop a couple of days or mornings from september would you expect them to give a months notice and pay for it, or do you let mums change hours and contracts without notice? i have vision of her telling me the 1st week of sept!

wendywu
15-05-2009, 08:39 PM
No if it is a drop in hours then i would expect 4 weeks notice.:)

Hebs
15-05-2009, 08:43 PM
yep 4 weeks PAID notice :thumbsup:

michellethegooner
15-05-2009, 08:58 PM
same here 4 weeks paid notice for drop in hrs

ORKSIE
15-05-2009, 09:18 PM
Yes she needs to give notice:D

sweets
15-05-2009, 09:20 PM
great thanks for advice, i did think she should give notice but just wanted to be sure. we are due to do a contract review in october anyway but i might ask her if she needs to bring that foward.:)

youarewhatyoueat
15-05-2009, 11:06 PM
To be fair she has just given you the idea that her hours may be changing in september that is over 3 months notice, why do you not just ask her in a few weeks if she has had any luck getting a place and if it makes any difference to you why not suggest the days that suit you best.You can easily say that the more notice she is able to give you the best chance you have of filling the place.
Caroline

The Juggler
16-05-2009, 07:56 AM
Or she may want you to take the child and collect in which case, i would charge for the hours at playgroup too, or at least half. I took on a child in pre-school 5 mornings a week but was looking for a full-timer so agreed with Dad we would meet in middle.

Toothfairy
16-05-2009, 09:07 AM
Yep, 4 weeks paid notice for a change in hours, which should not include any holiday.

Ripeberry
16-05-2009, 02:24 PM
Really silly question now. What if they want to increase hours, do they have to give notice?