PDA

View Full Version : im in shock! cant belive what my 3yr old has just done!

mammumof4
15-05-2009, 05:52 PM
i feel like a crap mum! he was drinking some orange pop in a glass. dont normally let him have a glass but i was watching him and he was sitting down on the sofa. he bit it and it broke in his mouth! i shot up and cant really remember what i did but he had glass in his mouth,he sort of spat it out and i took some off his lip i think :eek: in so much shock cant remember,how wierd is that, well he is fine,he didnt cry or seem bothered at all, no blood, i cant belive im not sat in an ambulance with him! just goes to show how easy things happen, im off to re arrange my cupboards and tell my older kids not to let the younger ones have glasses, and im stocking up on plastic beakers before i mind any kids!!!! :eek:

breezy
15-05-2009, 05:55 PM
You are not a crap mum, these things happen! thankfully it was nothing serious, now go pour yourself a drink,............................................ ......
.................................................. .................................................. .
in a plastic tumbler:D

ORKSIE
15-05-2009, 06:28 PM
You are not a crap mum:panic:
My son did this when he was little, he will be 18 this year.
Accidents happen.
But, yes, get some plastic cups:thumbsup:

Pipsqueak
15-05-2009, 06:44 PM
we live and learn and we all make balls up as mums - doesn't make us naff ones!!

Hope your son is ok and that you are too xxx

Minstrel
15-05-2009, 06:48 PM
NO! the crap mum wouldnt have even known he had the glass or been watching him so carefully with it.

You are a good mum who let her little boy do something which he one day will have to learn to do and was right there watching him to take action when an accident happened.

Glad he's ok - even if your nerves are shot to pieces!

Blaze
15-05-2009, 06:56 PM
NO! the crap mum wouldnt have even known he had the glass or been watching him so carefully with it.

You are a good mum who let her little boy do something which he one day will have to learn to do and was right there watching him to take action when an accident happened.

Couldn't have said it better myself!:clapping:

cher25
15-05-2009, 07:01 PM
At least your son wasn't bleeding. Don't blame yourself!
My brother did that when he was 5. We were out with my parent's for a meal and he bit the glass. Blood was everywhere!lol

miffy
15-05-2009, 07:03 PM
Don't beat yourself up about this - accidents happen

Hope you've calmed down now and your son is OK

Miffy xx

georgie456
15-05-2009, 07:51 PM
My goodness what a shock you must have had!!! You are certainly not a crap mum - accidents happen and you dealt with it well.

Hope you are recovered - it's Friday night - you've earnt a drink I think!!

huggableshelly
15-05-2009, 07:52 PM
he is safe no harm done so chill out now xxxx

I use none spill sports bottles for all my mindees or all ages, it saves on spills so I'm not constantly watching them being sensible and not scrubbing carpets dry either.

jibberjitz
15-05-2009, 08:02 PM
Wow at least hes ok and its not your fault so done blame yourself hun

michellethegooner
15-05-2009, 08:13 PM

spot on... hope ur ok after the shock

Toothfairy
16-05-2009, 09:14 AM
He was trying something new, you were watching him, you acted in the right way.
Nothing to feel bad about, you were letting him explore his independance. This is how we learn.
Well done for handling the situation so well :thumbsup:

nannymcflea
16-05-2009, 10:03 AM
How will he ever learn that glass breaks easily unless he breaks a glass....ok maybe his mouth wasn't the place to do an experiment but no harm done, chalk it up to experience but don't let it put you off letting him have a glass...perhaps a straw next time so he can be grown up but without the risk.

you obviously jumped into action without thinking, well done.

Pedagog
16-05-2009, 05:48 PM
I did that as a small child.

Hebs
16-05-2009, 05:53 PM
:eek: i didn't know you could bite a glass :panic:

glad he's ok, i think you come off worse tho :thumbsup:

Spangles
16-05-2009, 06:30 PM
I'm glad he didn't injure himself, bet he was shocked!

You're a great mum, a rubbish one wouldn't have been watching him and wouldn't be worried about what happened.

He's learnt a good lesson and he's not hurt.

Don't beat yourself up about it, these things happen all the time.

x

Lincsminder
16-05-2009, 07:42 PM
oh no poor lad. We only have plastic cups here and thats for the adults too, only have glass for wine lol. I bought a set of glasses once from Argos and everyone broke with in a few weeks some just shattered if you put them down too hard on the floor.

Chatterbox Childcare
16-05-2009, 07:44 PM
These things happen - maybe the glass was faulty. You were there supervising.

Bet you had more of a shock that your dd

mammumof4
18-05-2009, 01:28 PM
thanks :) ive calmed down now, still in shock that he didnt hurt his self! and feel we have had a lucky escape ;)