PDA

View Full Version : Netmums

Minstrel
15-05-2009, 05:45 PM
ok so i'm thick and not at all computer savvy!

I've been trying to work out how to advertise on Netmums as i have seen it recommended on here. But i cant for the life of me work out how to do it!

Please, if anybody can help i would be very grateful x

huggableshelly
15-05-2009, 05:50 PM
see the big green tab at the top (first one)

click on childcare

then click on add message

enter the information you want to share

tick the terms and conditions box 9presuming you have read them)

then click on post message

adding :you also need to be a member first

Minstrel
15-05-2009, 06:03 PM
ok i've got that- off to give it a try!

(ps how does it know where i am???? its directed me to my local board and i havent put any info in yet! - very clever!)

huggableshelly
15-05-2009, 06:17 PM
ok i've got that- off to give it a try!

(ps how does it know where i am???? its directed me to my local board and i havent put any info in yet! - very clever!)

cuz somewhere you have selected to join your local board and not another board but you can visit other boards by selecting that are and it adds it to your home thingy which then means when you log in you need to select which board you want so dont do anything lol .... stick with your home board (you might have added a postcode as you applied)

Minstrel
15-05-2009, 06:25 PM
can i edit the message to change space availability as i go along or does the message have to be the same all the time??

thanks again!

huggableshelly
15-05-2009, 06:27 PM
errrrrrrrrrrrr ... no idea I've never advertised on there so guided you through what I could see!

does your post now have an edit button? also it might be better to readvertise in time as posts might get pushed down.

FizzysFriends
15-05-2009, 06:33 PM
can i edit the message to change space availability as i go along or does the message have to be the same all the time??

thanks again!

You can edit the message but the best thing to do it copy it then delete that message (edit, then give you option to delete) and then do a new one and paste your message and change as you want.

This makes your message go to the top. If you just edit your message it stays where it is.

Minstrel
15-05-2009, 06:41 PM
errrrrrrrrrrrr ... no idea I've never advertised on there so guided you through what I could see!

does your post now have an edit button? also it might be better to readvertise in time as posts might get pushed down.

How you worked it out and you've not even done it before! and i couldnt even suss it looking at the same screen! :blush:

Minstrel
15-05-2009, 06:43 PM
You can edit the message but the best thing to do it copy it then delete that message (edit, then give you option to delete) and then do a new one and paste your message and change as you want.

This makes your message go to the top. If you just edit your message it stays where it is.

Thanks Fizzy for the advice i will do that- in fact i might do it regularly even if i dont have anything to change just so i can keep mine near the top!
Do you get much business from there?

FizzysFriends
15-05-2009, 06:56 PM
Thanks Fizzy for the advice i will do that- in fact i might do it regularly even if i dont have anything to change just so i can keep mine near the top!

I have 3 children from there. When my ad gets more than 3 down I put it back to the top. This time of year is easy to change it as there is always a school hol just around the corner so I change it to say spaces available for easter/may half term/ etc

Minstrel
15-05-2009, 07:03 PM
Well fingers crossed i get something. i've also reg'd on childcare.co.uk. i really hope someone contacts me because i really need the work. hope i'm as lucky as you!

miffy
15-05-2009, 07:04 PM
Fingers crossed it works for you!

Miffy xx

Playmate
15-05-2009, 07:13 PM

Don't do this too often, because people see the same message over and over again and the editors get narky! Also It can make you look desperate, which you don't want to do. I usually update mine once a month and still get enquiries from it, infact I haven't updated mine for 2 months now and I still got an equiry yesterday. Good luck

Minstrel
15-05-2009, 07:16 PM
Don't do this too often, because people see the same message over and over again and the editors get narky! Also It can make you look desperate, which you don't want to do. I usually update mine once a month and still get enquiries from it, infact I haven't updated mine for 2 months now and I still got an equiry yesterday. Good luck

But i am desperate :laughing: :laughing:

i see what your saying - thank you

huggableshelly
15-05-2009, 07:45 PM
How you worked it out and you've not even done it before! and i couldnt even suss it looking at the same screen! :blush:

cuz I'm trying to act all grown up and clever and it worked woohoooo

michellethegooner
15-05-2009, 11:04 PM
I have got quite a few of my mindees from netmums rest from word of mouth..

The Juggler
16-05-2009, 09:12 AM
I have 3 children from there. When my ad gets more than 3 down I put it back to the top. This time of year is easy to change it as there is always a school hol just around the corner so I change it to say spaces available for easter/may half term/ etc

last time I changed mine it didn't go to the top just stayed in the same place with the added changes - maybe they cottoned on.

Ripeberry
16-05-2009, 09:59 AM
I'm on my local net-mums and some childminders do seem to be putting their ad at the top every single week, and sometimes a whole crowd come along at once and its like some weird virtual leapfrogging session :laughing:
I've got some advertising leaflets for net-mums and i've asked the local school to display it on their noticeboard and i'm giving them out all over the place just to make sure parents even know there is a Net-mums!

sweets
16-05-2009, 12:23 PM
I advertise on net mums and edit my advert occasionaly but it never goes to the top! how do you do it? some of the adverts above mine are months old, one is even someone asking for a babysitter for valentines day 2008!

Lady Haha
16-05-2009, 12:54 PM
Hi, if you just edit your ad it will stay where it is. If you copy it you can paste it on a 'new ad' which will then be at the top! I think though, like others have said, it looks too desperate if you do it too often as ALL your ads will stay on there and when I see that I sometimes think 'Haven't they got anyone yet???':laughing:

sweets
16-05-2009, 01:01 PM
wey hey! i did it thanks. i deleted the old message too so am only on the board once. I won't do it too often as not bothered about being right at the top, just the first page will do. Before i was on the 3rd!

Gizmo
16-05-2009, 01:03 PM
I put mine on and got an e-mail last week but was really disappointed when it was a reply for a post looking for a double buggy, oh well I will keep checking
(and the buggy was too dear as well):laughing:

FizzysFriends
16-05-2009, 02:24 PM
Im not convinced about the looking too desperate thing. People tend to only look on the board when they want childcare so they wouldn't know you are jumping to the top.