PDA

View Full Version : caterpillars!

loocyloo
15-05-2009, 04:01 PM
OMG :eek:

went for a walk this afternoon in the woods, had a lovely time; found loads of caterpillars hanging from threads from the trees! ( by the way? does anyone know what type they are? can't find them anywhere on the net (but i'm not that good at searching! about 1-2cm long yellow and dark colour, and 'walk' in a typical caterpillar 'loop' action!)

we watched/held/followed them for ages and had a good time ... just sitting here, as minded children gone home, felt a tickle on my neck and :eek: there was a caterpillar about to head down my collar!:panic:

i do like caterpillars, but that was a bit close! now i am tickly all over, and am confinced i have an army of caterpillars about my person!

loocyloo xxx

pinklady
15-05-2009, 04:07 PM
Erm....was it a 'hungry caterpillar???''
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Sorry...I need to get out more!

Pipsqueak
15-05-2009, 04:25 PM
they could be that newly discovered kind - the ones that hide about a humans person and devour them!!! lol

No idea though TBH! I was just saying its rare that you see caterpillars now or is it because we loose the child's viewpoint of going to look for these things?

jibberjitz
15-05-2009, 08:09 PM
Awww I bet that was great for the children (and you) :)

Demonjill
15-05-2009, 08:11 PM
:laughing: :laughing:

You got me checking and scratching etc now lol

michellethegooner
15-05-2009, 10:12 PM
ewww u have me all itchy now lol

angeldelight
18-05-2009, 05:13 PM
Sounds great but we all know what they turn into dont we ha

Keep them away from me

Angel xx

Toothfairy
18-05-2009, 06:10 PM
:ROFL1: :ROFL1:

TheBTeam
18-05-2009, 06:44 PM
Oh, you have really made me shudder!

I have just ordered some caterpillars to hatch into butterflies for my daughters birthday! Rather her than me!

emler
18-05-2009, 06:50 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: I'm traumatised at the thought of it going down your neck :eek: :eek: :eek:

Louise_Oaktree
19-05-2009, 03:44 PM
Oh, you have really made me shudder!

I have just ordered some caterpillars to hatch into butterflies for my daughters birthday! Rather her than me!

Where do you get these from? I want some :D

Andrea08
19-05-2009, 03:57 PM
Sounds great but we all know what they turn into dont we ha

Keep them away from me

Angel xx

pmsl not quite floaters hun xxxx
sounds like you had a gr8 time just got bk from my doggie walk and counted the horses (baby foal had died) but mindees didnt see so thats good ,, owners and rspca have been to sort things out but the horse shouldnt have been left so close to birth!

Mollymop
19-05-2009, 04:13 PM
Last year in late summer or was it late spring, I can't remember, but I had to dodge the baby caterpillars hanging from threads, hanging down from the trees. The road I walkis lined with trees, so I was having to duck and doge them all the way home. Still ended up with some on my clothes though. Ewww!