PDA

View Full Version : WILL THERE BE A GRANT ON REGISTERATION?

bex8282
15-05-2009, 01:51 PM
Hello to you all, just wondering if anyone knows anything about grants on registration??

Like are you eligable for one?

Do you need to get in touch with someone on registration i.e recieve certificate?

Where does it come from?

How much on average has everyone had?

Thank you for your help...

Daddy Day Care
15-05-2009, 02:56 PM
I beleive its differnet depending on where you live. No grant as such here but we get all training including first aid for free.

sophiestars
15-05-2009, 03:24 PM
Same here in West Sussex no grant for setting up but lots of free courses

Tatjana
15-05-2009, 06:00 PM
No grant here and not much else free either!:(

xx

Zoomie
15-05-2009, 06:50 PM
There was a grant last finanical tax year, and I wasn't sure if it would still be available, but my DO confirmed it is. In our area you get between £200 and £600 depending on whether your area is crying out for childcare or not.

There are lots of cm in my area, so we only get £200, but I am not batting my eye at that. Just have to wait for my reg number, and then I can apply.

Makes a tiny dent in the fortune I have spent setting up :mad:

bex8282
16-05-2009, 01:25 PM
There was a grant last finanical tax year, and I wasn't sure if it would still be available, but my DO confirmed it is. In our area you get between £200 and £600 depending on whether your area is crying out for childcare or not.

There are lots of cm in my area, so we only get £200, but I am not batting my eye at that. Just have to wait for my reg number, and then I can apply.

Makes a tiny dent in the fortune I have spent setting up :mad:

Well, I am shocked thought there would be at least a Grant!!! as it has cost a fortune already to make sure all things were set up for the Inspection Visit!!

Now must think If I do not get a grant, How will I be able to get monitors for a baby a bed for the spare room as I am doing Over-night care plus loads more!!!

What about if you applying through a Council? Thanks for your comments..:)

Zoomie
16-05-2009, 04:51 PM
Find out from your local DO if there is a grant. Is it done through the council, but through the DO / early years side of things.

I know I have spent a fortune on things, but a monitor, no way.

I sleep quite well at night, but if my children are restless then I wake easily. If I was to do overnight care (which I am not), I would rely on my good old conscious to wake me up if baby / toddler became disturbed during the night.

You don't have to have all these things for your inspection. As long as you say if I get a toddler, I'll get a stair case etc, you should be fine.

Also, when you sign up a parent, you can use their deposit (if holding place) or first weeks money to buy all those essentials that become apparent for that particular child. That is what I am going to do, cos I can't afford to take anymore money out of my pocket anymore.

michellethegooner
16-05-2009, 05:00 PM
Find out from your local DO if there is a grant. Is it done through the council, but through the DO / early years side of things.

I know I have spent a fortune on things, but a monitor, no way.

I sleep quite well at night, but if my children are restless then I wake easily. If I was to do overnight care (which I am not), I would rely on my good old conscious to wake me up if baby / toddler became disturbed during the night.

You don't have to have all these things for your inspection. As long as you say if I get a toddler, I'll get a stair case etc, you should be fine.

Also, when you sign up a parent, you can use their deposit (if holding place) or first weeks money to buy all those essentials that become apparent for that particular child. That is what I am going to do, cos I can't afford to take anymore money out of my pocket anymore.

Thats a good idea, there is a start up grant available in our area £300-£600 depending on area, but as was said is only a small dent considering how much it starts.

must say as you go on you will build I started off with a few bits suited to the ages I already ahd on my books then added to it and now have a whole playroom, shed loft , half kitchen, bedrooms with c/m stuff in lol

I found charity shops, boot sales, ebay etc where great

also is there a toy library you could borrow from, I did that in the begiining when I didnt have much, now I have more stuff than them :eek:

bex8282
25-05-2009, 08:44 AM
Thats a good idea, there is a start up grant available in our area £300-£600 depending on area, but as was said is only a small dent considering how much it starts.

must say as you go on you will build I started off with a few bits suited to the ages I already ahd on my books then added to it and now have a whole playroom, shed loft , half kitchen, bedrooms with c/m stuff in lol

I found charity shops, boot sales, ebay etc where great

also is there a toy library you could borrow from, I did that in the begiining when I didnt have much, now I have more stuff than them :eek:

Thanks for that Yes I do have a Local Toy Libary which will be excellent to borrow from.. Thank you and I love Ebay as I have had some excellent things from there at really low prices.... Also love Boot sales as long as it decent stuff and clean, Love Charity shops too!!! Must have the same likes of going places I just love to find a Bargain as long as it is good stuff !!!

Thanks For that.... :)

Mouse
25-05-2009, 02:51 PM
In some areas you only get a grant to cover insurance, registation fee & doctors fee.

I have to say, I'm always surprised that a lot of people expect to get something when they start up. If you're starting your own business you have to buy your own equipment and not have some buy it all for you. People I talk to who are just registering seem to thing they should be entitled to hundreds. I think you're lucky to get anything!

butterfly
25-05-2009, 03:48 PM
in devon we get a start up grant that you can claim AFTER you've bought everything and AFTER you've received your certificate. You get a max of £250 which literally covered my ncma paperwork and insurance, my first aid, my doctor's fee and my ofsted registration fee. there was nothing left for equipment. we were told this on pre reg so if you've not been told i would assume there was nothing in your area.

ORKSIE
25-05-2009, 05:05 PM
We had a starting up grant, but i have been told it gone, we also have to pay for first aid, and food hygiene, plus others:panic:

FizzysFriends
27-05-2009, 06:18 PM
There is a lady selling off a toddler groups toys for between £1 - £2.50 so might be worth a look if you are after toys. Shes in Packington so 15 mins away for you (ish), although Im going to see whats left so there might be a lot left after I've been, LOL.

estrelas
27-05-2009, 07:26 PM
in cheshire, we got two hundred. But to be honest it didn't even cover cost of registering, i've bought all my toys from car boots, got some real bargains!! And if the kids get bored its fine, cos i've only spend a few pounds and i can go the next week and get more lol

( i need to stop for a bit now tho, as have loaadddsss of stuff)

I tend to spend more on Arts stuff tho,,,,, sorry i'm waffling lol