PDA

View Full Version : OFSTED Inspection yesterday FAB NEWS

bex8282
15-05-2009, 10:18 AM
Better than I thought loved every minute of it.. The inspection/interview took 2 and a half hours

Went through the SEF before she came, lots of boxes to fill out but really helped on the day as all the questions she asked me were of there...

asked to Id card before letting her in, Then did the inspection 1st, went up-stairs 1st, then asked her if she would like a drink - but kettle took forever to boil...:cool:

Then lots of questions from that booklet `How to prepare for your visit` whichcomes with your application...
She did ask me if I knew the six areas from The EYFS, Thought the best way to remember it was (P,P,P,C,C,K)
It all went really well and she reccommened me to look after 5 children because I also have 1 of my own FANTASTIC and now can not wait to start......

does anyone have any advice for me to know what to now???? Can I start advertising/ searching for mindees?? Thank you :)

littlestar
15-05-2009, 10:51 AM
firstly great news and well done you this is always the hardest part i think :clapping: it was about this stage i started advertising in local shops and on free websites posting leaflets through local doors and letting the neighbours no i also got myself a fleece so when i went to school to pick up my dd everyone spoted childminder on the back and most of it was word of mouth from there good luck

Allie
15-05-2009, 10:55 AM
Good luck it's a great job

Allie

Demonjill
15-05-2009, 11:16 AM
Well done and even better that you enjoyed it. :clapping:

jibberjitz
17-05-2009, 07:58 PM
Well done :clapping:

miffy
17-05-2009, 08:38 PM
Pleased it went well for you!

Miffy xx

Chanelle
17-05-2009, 08:47 PM
Well done on your pre-reg .... Glad it went well and was a success!

From now you need to think about what policies etc you have in place, paperwork you will need ... NCMA / MM Membership etc ... Contracts .. Public Liability Insurance etc ...

Create a Welcome Pack, leaflet etc if you havent already done so...

I did advertise once I had my pre-reg and set up a website via 'Virtual FreeServers' Advertised online at free places like Netmums, hotfrog, etc ...

Hope this helps and I will appoligise in advance if you have already got all paperwork sorted etc ... Not met you before and not sure at what stage uyou are at :D

Good Luck and Hi !! :)

bex8282
18-05-2009, 08:05 AM
Thank you for all your kind comments, I now understand it might be a long wait now for all the CRB check`s to be done then wait for the certificate.

Going to start advertising!!! Done a few door-to-door leaflet dropping.

Just got back and had a phone call already explained can not do, just yet but she was`nt wanting me until the end of September.... But very pleased all the same!!!:laughing:

angeldelight
18-05-2009, 08:08 AM
Thank you for all your kind comments, I now understand it might be a long wait now for all the CRB check`s to be done then wait for the certificate.

Going to start advertising!!! Done a few door-to-door leaflet dropping.

Just got back and had a phone call already explained can not do, just yet but she was`nt wanting me until the end of September.... But very pleased all the same!!!:laughing:

Well done to you

Angel xx

LOOPYLISA
18-05-2009, 08:35 AM
Well done :thumbsup: