PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted Inspection Yesterday better than I imagined!!!

bex8282
15-05-2009, 10:00 AM
Hi there, I am new to the Forum and love it!! It is GREAT!!!

I had my Inspection Yesterday, was all calm the night before, then paniced on the morning of the inspection, She was due at 10`o clock and was a bit late, so I really needed to keep cool :cool: Had all my books laid out on to the table for her to see, House was cleaner than ever, and felt confident which I think is the best way to be!!!

She arrived at 10:20 and I opened the door, asked to see her badge ID and showed her in, did not know what to do with locking the door behind, so I did anyway, She inspected the house 1st so went upstairs 1st, then asked her for drink but found that the kettle was taking ages to boil :cool:

Glad I Read the EYFS book as majority of the questions she asked were from out of there Example : learning the six areas which helped as she asked `Did I know the six ares??, Thought the best way to remember was ( P,P,P,C,C K)

Loved every minute of the Inspection/ interview.... but the 2 and a half hours seemed to have been a long time!!!
Through the interview she had asked me alot of questions, but all the questions were from out of `How to Prepare for your visit` which had loads of boxes to fill out - so if you do fill it out it will help on the day!! and you can refere to it on the day to!!

Then she said she will reccommend me for registration and will allow me to have up-to 5 children as I have 1 of my own, :jump for joy: , to have over-night care to!! was so pleased as all the long evenings and staying up till late had all paid off..:laughing:

It is knowing What to do now as I am not really sure weather to advertise Just yet?? anyone that could help as of what to do now?? would be grateful Thank you.

singlewiththree
15-05-2009, 10:23 AM
Well done! Now you just need to wait for your certificate.

Do you have any children lined up ready?

Daftbat
15-05-2009, 10:29 AM
Well done thats fantastic:clapping:

Andrea08
15-05-2009, 10:34 AM
:jump for joy: well done now advertise but dont take on children till you get your certificate which can sometimes take a while x

Zoomie
15-05-2009, 10:59 AM
Well done.

I had my inspection at the beginning of last month, and I am still waiting to receive my crb, and then obviously my cert.

I would most certainly start to put the word out, but make it clear that you can't start till you get that cert.

Good luck.

bex8282
15-05-2009, 01:38 PM
Thank you for your kind comments and advice... will certainly be spreading the word as I do not have anyone lined up just yet. Can not wait!! really looking forward to starting.:D

jibberjitz
15-05-2009, 07:53 PM
Fab news - well done :thumbsup: :clapping:

huggableshelly
15-05-2009, 07:58 PM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Miriam
15-05-2009, 08:09 PM
Well done in getting through the inspection!!! Start advertising if I were you and good luck finding the children!!!:clapping: :clapping:

michellethegooner
15-05-2009, 10:14 PM
fab news well done you :clapping: :clapping: