PDA

View Full Version : House size?

Naomild
14-05-2009, 09:11 PM
hi again!
Just wondered if any of you have a smaller house and how you get on without a lot of space? My house isnt tiny but its badly laid out with 2 good size bedrooms and a big bathroom but its got a small kitchen (cant fit more than 2/3 people in!) and smallish front room thats packed with a 3 seater and 2 seater sofa, tv, coffee table and a travel cot as a play pen for my little girl. Its got about 4ft by 6ft (maybe abit less) open space left. I dont have room for a table which could be a problem for meal times etc? On the plus side Iv got a decent sized garden which Im getting a swing for and theres room to rum around and play. And Iv got 3 huge cupboards which come in usefull! Do you think this is enough room for a couple of kids on top of my (almost) one year old girl aswell? I would really appreciate any help or advice, thanks.
Naomi x

The Juggler
16-05-2009, 07:48 AM
do you have a dining room as well as front room. If you got a folding dining table in there then you could use that as your main room?

Curly Quavers
16-05-2009, 08:45 AM
if you take away the coffee table and travel cot you would have heaps more space, Just an idea, i wouldn't imagine anybody would want to be in the playpen if older kids are around playing. They would scared they will miss something anyway.

Just an idea. :)

x

georgie456
16-05-2009, 09:54 AM
Hi

My house is small too. I am in a 2 bed with a teeny tiny kitchen and an ok size lounge, but no other downstairs room at all - I yearn for a room for all the toys to hid in!

We had a huge wooden toy box made for us by a family friend which helped and we have a big cupboard under the stairs which holds everything else. I have pictures of all the toys so the children can choose things to play with that are in the cupboard. I also have a wooden kids table and chairs from Ikea so they have somewhere to eat and also use for arts and crafts.!!!

You do get used to keeping lots in a small space eventually - I have become an expert on storage solutions - but all the toys drives dh mad - our next house will HAVE to have at least a dining rom or conservatory

It does help that our own children are young. I couldn't imagine how I'd feel if I was an older cm with grown up children and tons of toys everywhere!!!

Naomild
16-05-2009, 07:58 PM
I dont have a dinning room sadly! I need the travel cot for my little girl as shes only one, for when im cooking etc and cant be watching her. I suppose I could just pop her in her cot though? And she'll be older by the time I get started anyway. The coffee table is under the window and out the way so it doesnt really take up much room. i could get a foldinding table and keep it in a cupboard. thats a good idea! Thanks! x