PDA

View Full Version : Parent Packs

Holly
12-02-2008, 11:04 AM
Sorry if this has been answerd already can't find the answer on here.
I am going to give out parent packs before they sign the contract, so that they get an insight to the service i provide. Would you put the policies in or leave them out? I have read on here that alot of you wait until they sign before handing them out...?
Thanks!

Splish Splosh
12-02-2008, 11:09 AM
yes i give them out afterwards as due to previous experiences i have had parents take them an then hear nothing again at all!!!!

tulip0803
12-02-2008, 11:10 AM
Sorry if this has been answerd already can't find the answer on here.
I am going to give out parent packs before they sign the contract, so that they get an insight to the service i provide. Would you put the policies in or leave them out? I have read on here that alot of you wait until they sign before handing them out...?
Thanks!

I have a parent pack with information and then the policies pack to be handed out when they sign on the dotted line. If they decide not to use you you may never get the policies back and have to re-print for the next prospective family. And there are more than a few policies.

Julia XX

Holly
12-02-2008, 11:15 AM
I have a parent pack with information and then the policies pack to be handed out when they sign on the dotted line. If they decide not to use you you may never get the policies back and have to re-print for the next prospective family. And there are more than a few policies.

Julia XX

O i know there are millions lol
Thanks for all your help i will not put them in lol

deeb66
12-02-2008, 02:03 PM
I also hand out when contract signed.....I think that is how most people do it too

LittleMissSparkles
12-02-2008, 02:05 PM
I have an introduction letter they can take away with them initially full of information to remind them about my setting xxx

sarah707
12-02-2008, 03:46 PM
Don't ever give out too much initially... they can be visiting 4 or 5 minders plus nurseries don't forget and might then choose a relative...! It happens! :rolleyes:

Schnakes
13-02-2008, 11:21 AM
I give out my p&ps when they come to visit me. They need all the info they can to make the right choice about their minder. If they dont like my P&P then we are not going to get on - contract on no contract, and as far as Im concerned, you shouldnt be signing a contract with anyone (the parents I mean) unless you have read all the P&P. You wouldnt sign any other contract that way, would you???

Sx

sarah707
13-02-2008, 11:46 AM
I give out my p&ps when they come to visit me. They need all the info they can to make the right choice about their minder. If they dont like my P&P then we are not going to get on - contract on no contract, and as far as Im concerned, you shouldnt be signing a contract with anyone (the parents I mean) unless you have read all the P&P. You wouldnt sign any other contract that way, would you???

Sx

Of course not! That's why I suggest they spend at least an hour on their first visit with me, looking around, watching how I work and reading all my paperwork. :D

tulip0803
13-02-2008, 11:58 AM
Of course not! That's why I suggest they spend at least an hour on their first visit with me, looking around, watching how I work and reading all my paperwork. :D

I agree, I go over them all at the initial visit and my parent pack is a reminder of certain things about my setting to enable the parents to make a choice.

I have a folder with my qualifications, inspection report, policies and procedures etc that I go over with the parents on their first visit. I also show the contract and explain the reasons for having one.

We have been told to send parents home with a basic introduction to ourselves and our Families but I felt that didn't explain certain things so I made a more detailed pack that is about 8 sides of A4 paper.

Then when they come back to do contracts I give them their copy and go over them again before signing the contract

Juliaxx

Spangles
13-02-2008, 02:05 PM
I only give them a parent welcome pack until they sign up which contains about 5 shortened versions of the most important policies and then my 'about me' bit, my mission statement, list of fees, list of regular activities and my 'what you get for your hourly fee' list.

At the meeting though they have my portfolio to look through which has all of my policies and procedures in so they can see them and we can talk about them.

After they sign contracts I give them a complete copy of p&p's to take home, read and sign to say read, understood and agreed to.