PDA

View Full Version : Today was one of those days when I remember why I do this job

miss mopple
14-05-2009, 07:05 PM
We were luck enough to be invited along to a rescue services day that was being run by a friend of mine for a non minding group. As my mindee is fireman sam mad we jumped at the chance :clapping:

He was sooo excited when he came this morning, all dressed in his fireman sam t shirt and hat :D His and DD2's faces lit up when they saw the fire engines when we pulled into the car park- bless them! They were good as gold all the way through a fire safety talk and even contributed when asked some questions :thumbsup: They didnt want to look inside the fire engine ( I was really disappointed as I wanted to hit the siren button :laughing: ) but loved being up close to it. They both had a go with the hose too.

They had a talk from the RNLI too and both have since told me what to do to stay safe on the beach :thumbsup:

I was sooo proud of them as they are 2 and 3, so still very little to be getting the point of it all, but they did :clapping:

Then when we picked my after schooler up he had a great afternoon in the kitchen whipping up a fruit crumble for everyone.

So all in all a really good day where I feel I have done the job I (mostly) love to the max :D

Days like that make all the not so good ones worth it :clapping:

Tatjana
14-05-2009, 07:08 PM
Aww, sounds fab!!:D

xx

breezy
14-05-2009, 07:11 PM
sounds great, hope you took lots of photos

TheBTeam
14-05-2009, 07:12 PM
I am so glad you had a fantastic day, i jumped to this thread, because for the first time in ages i was thinking exactly the same thing!

Our childminding group were lucky enough to have a paid for trip to our local kidzone, and i wasn't going to go because the lo i look after up to the end of last week would have found this his worst nightmare! He is very shy and developing late for his age in all areas.

Well on monday and for the rest of the week we have had a huge breakthrough with every aspect of his development so i decided to go and what a fantastic time we had, i have never seen him so happy, engaged and having so much fun! This really made my day, because i along with his mum have been worried about him and today was so much fun and he was like a different child!

I was so happy of his achievement and really enjoyed the day, it makes it all worthwhile.

miss mopple
14-05-2009, 07:14 PM
Aww thats fab to hear-well done you :clapping:

emler
14-05-2009, 07:53 PM
Sounds like you all had a lovely day :thumbsup:

miffy
14-05-2009, 08:31 PM
It's great when you get a day like that! Sometimes you just forget how lovely this job can be.

Miffy xx

Demonjill
14-05-2009, 08:34 PM
That sounds like a really fab day!

I love hearing great things like this.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Daftbat
14-05-2009, 08:35 PM
This job is actually realy good isn't it. Days like that are worth all the hassle we sometimes have to go through:)

Toothfairy
14-05-2009, 09:02 PM
What a fab day! :thumbsup:

ORKSIE
14-05-2009, 09:09 PM
This is what makes our job the best:thumbsup:

Blue Boy
15-05-2009, 12:14 PM
Outstanding:thumbsup: So pleased for you. Can I come next time?:)

Love
Mick xx

Zoomie
15-05-2009, 12:59 PM
Oooooh, I wish I could have come too :clapping: :clapping:

Bananabrain
15-05-2009, 02:20 PM
That's sooooo sweet.

Made me get that feel good feeling:laughing:

I have 2x 2yr old boy mindees and am thinking of doing the same in the summer hols.

Plus you get the added bonus of the hunky fire fighters:laughing:

Bananabrain
15-05-2009, 02:25 PM
My local fire station is just around the corner and when they came to do my fire safety thingy and give me new smoke alarms they said if I ever wanted to bring the mindees round.................

Well now I have 2 little boys and a new frock,I think the time is right:laughing:

The Juggler
15-05-2009, 04:25 PM
what a lovely day. I can second that. Only had one daytime mindee today so treated myself to annual pass at chessington (little ones free) and spent day in zoo, having a picnic and going on rides. Didn't feel like work at all.

childmind04
15-05-2009, 05:09 PM
Sounds like a lovely day :thumbsup:

HENNY
15-05-2009, 06:23 PM
Sounds a fab day!:jump for joy:

LittleMissSparkles
15-05-2009, 06:45 PM
:thumbsup: glad you all had a fabulous day

jibberjitz
15-05-2009, 08:16 PM
aww sounds like a lovely day :clapping:

Heaven Scent
15-05-2009, 09:25 PM
Days like that are what its all about aren't they!!!!!

sue
15-05-2009, 09:55 PM
yes this job is one l would not change, sounds as if you had a better day today them me.

All l did was change 3 sets of pooy nappies all day!!!!!!!!!! (trying to potty train one) sure they save them for me:panic: . Better next week when l only one is in nappies.:clapping:

michellethegooner
15-05-2009, 10:08 PM
sounds like you had a great day... love days like this makes the job so worthwhile

Shirlwith3
16-05-2009, 08:19 AM
I had that too this week as the lo that left on thursday well I got him to sit as small table for his lunch without screaming or crying & then I got him to eat some small peices of ham & beef paste sandwich.

Mum was so pleased too which mkaes it even better when they thank you for all the hard work you do for their child.

shirl