PDA

View Full Version : swearing need urgant response! please

littlestar
14-05-2009, 03:59 PM
hi everyone just a quick one ive just had a mindee swear infront of the other mindees i have done the nesesary and called his mum to let her no what has gone on because she dosent pick him up i was just wondering if there was anything out there i could use to get him to sign something simple he is 6yrs old but to say i have exsplained the rules and he sould go by them any ideas how to word it?
thank you

FizzysFriends
14-05-2009, 04:01 PM
I have an older childs behaviour agreement that all school age children sign one side for their promise and I sign the other of things I promise. Is that the sort of thing you mean?

littlestar
14-05-2009, 04:02 PM
yes it is :thumbsup:

FizzysFriends
14-05-2009, 04:04 PM
what your email and I will send it to you

littlestar
14-05-2009, 04:09 PM
you can pm me am i allowed to put my email on here?

huggableshelly
14-05-2009, 04:20 PM
i wouldnt make a 6 year old sign anything but i would make a decission that an activity will not be done for a few days that he really enjoys

huggableshelly
14-05-2009, 04:21 PM
you can pm me am i allowed to put my email on here?

you can put ypur email on here but remember there are thousands of members so really you need to keep yourself safe ...

my older child agreement is for my over 8's only but everyone does things differently

sarahlou
14-05-2009, 04:33 PM
I have an older childs behaviour agreement that all school age children sign one side for their promise and I sign the other of things I promise. Is that the sort of thing you mean?

That sounds really good could u post it on forum:)

Daftbat
14-05-2009, 04:37 PM
I wouldn't have thought this was a problem unless it starts to be a regular thing. Most children hear a swear word at some time and then repeat it somewhere else. Its part of normal growing up to advise children of what is acceptable and what is not. I wouldn't go as far as signing an agreement or anything, i would just see how it goes and reprimand any behaviour or language which is unnacceptable.

I have two Polsih children whose English is really good but they had a habit when they first came of saying "Oh My God" all the time. It has stopped now because i put my foot down and said i wasn't having it. I told the parent and in their case as its their second language they hadn't understood that it can be offensive.

nokidshere
14-05-2009, 04:50 PM
I think, quite honestly, that you are being a little OTT for a swear word said by a 6 year old :s

Most primary children swear at some point. They hear the words at school and repeat them, either for effect or to see what response it brings.

Just have a word with the children. Explain that swearing is unacceptable in your home and if there are words they don't understand then to come and ask.

And then do it again next time they swear, and the time after that, and the time after that................;)

gegele
14-05-2009, 05:08 PM
don't worry about it

just explain it's notacceptable, clever word and end of. the more you make of it the more chance of it happening again. wel it will for sure, they're kids, they're learning.....failing that there's always black soap ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ab :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Toothfairy
14-05-2009, 05:38 PM
If its just a one off, I would explain to the child that swearing is completely un-acceptable. I would then mention it to parents and again say that this sort of language is not tollerated, and I would leave it at that.

If it became an ongoing problem, then I would then go down the route of getting the child and parents together and sit down with them after work one night and discuss why the child has started to swear, explain that it needs to stop, try and work out a plan of action and then make a date to review the situation.

littlestar
15-05-2009, 08:18 AM
thank you fizzyfriends this has helped lots :clapping:

littlestar
15-05-2009, 08:27 AM
hello may i just say this isnt the first time! and i have been struggling with this little one since day dot it is everyday something different hitting/spitting/rudness and just no respect for adults full stop i have tryed several things and have spoken to mum and school where we all have things in place everyone is struggling mum is 7 months preg and struggling he hits her and is foul mouthed i also have 2 under 3yrs and cant have them repeating it he thinks he is a lot older than he is so thought giving him a grown up doc miight help but to tell the truth ive had enough i feel missrible and the other kids are suffering ive deciced to call it a day i feel as though i am giving up and letting him down but there is only so much i can do and a few parents have voiced there concerns about this lo im not enjoying my job latley and my family life is suffering im at my wits end :(

ORKSIE
15-05-2009, 08:50 AM
If this little person is getting you down so much and you have tried everything then give mum notice,
You do not have to put up with this kind of behaviour.:group hug:

youarewhatyoueat
15-05-2009, 08:52 AM
hello may i just say this isnt the first time! and i have been struggling with this little one since day dot it is everyday something different hitting/spitting/rudness and just no respect for adults full stop i have tryed several things and have spoken to mum and school where we all have things in place everyone is struggling mum is 7 months preg and struggling he hits her and is foul mouthed i also have 2 under 3yrs and cant have them repeating it he thinks he is a lot older than he is so thought giving him a grown up doc miight help but to tell the truth ive had enough i feel missrible and the other kids are suffering ive deciced to call it a day i feel as though i am giving up and letting him down but there is only so much i can do and a few parents have voiced there concerns about this lo im not enjoying my job latley and my family life is suffering im at my wits end :(

Call it a day with this one, hopefully you'll feel better for it. Half term is looming, take the week off if you can, sounds like you need a break, sending a hug x

angeldelight
15-05-2009, 08:54 AM

Sounds like a pain in the bum and at least you are trying to do something about it , well done hope it works

I have a 2 year old who swears all day long
Bit more difficult to stop and even more so when the parent says he learns the words from family members , then a few weeks down the line she tells me that he does not swear at home !!!!!!!

Oh the joys :laughing: :laughing:

Good luck

Angel xx

littlestar
15-05-2009, 09:00 AM
i just think sometimes i could do more but im all out of ideas and patience i have changed contract last month he used to be after school till 6pm then school hols 8-6 mon-fri i just had enough and changed till term time only i havnt even given that a chance to kick in but dread every day picking him up he was passed from another childminder who i no in our area she said he was a lovely boy just had lots of energy and that she couldnt have him any more because she wanted to finish earlier to go gym so i took him in good faith then ive heard she one day droped him at mums work and said ive had enough i cant put up with his behaviour and said here is a number call her :angry: nice!!!!

littlestar
15-05-2009, 01:04 PM
poor you angel i no what that feels like :angry: