PDA

View Full Version : VARIATION REQUEST....

marjie b
14-05-2009, 03:14 PM
Hi everyone,
just a lil help needed, I have never requested a variation b4 but need just half hour every morning on walk to school for a 5 year old.

have been told to write and request but just wondered how to word it and what I need to include etc?

Do you think they will allow me a half hour for five days a week, Im not entirely sure what they judge these things on or how long it takes to grant a variation?

Any advice greatfully recieved x

CCJD
14-05-2009, 03:36 PM
Hi, it normally takes a couple of weeks to process and they will probably ring you to clarify any issues they have.
When requesting, I explain why i need to look after this number (cant just be because i want the money :( - continuity of care is generally the best reason), I have always included a grid to show who I have and for what hours and show age of children . I then risk assess this showing how I manage with this number - so in this instance talk about how you will keep them all safe, stop them from wandering, what your emergency proceedure would be etc.
You can email this as long as you scan a copy of your signature.
Good luck.

Helen79
14-05-2009, 03:50 PM
I have emailed ofsted before to ask for a variation for 4 under 5 & it was granted.

Email them details of the ages & the times you will have them. Detail how you will get to school, how many children will be walking, how many in a pushchair, with reins on etc. Risk assess the route & how you will keep them safe.

Good luck with it.

georgie456
14-05-2009, 05:04 PM
Hi, it normally takes a couple of weeks to process and they will probably ring you to clarify any issues they have.
When requesting, I explain why i need to look after this number (cant just be because i want the money :( - continuity of care is generally the best reason), I have always included a grid to show who I have and for what hours and show age of children . I then risk assess this showing how I manage with this number - so in this instance talk about how you will keep them all safe, stop them from wandering, what your emergency proceedure would be etc.
You can email this as long as you scan a copy of your signature.
Good luck.

This is exactly what I did with my variation request and it was granted and I had the new certificate within 2 weeks. I think if you give them as much info as poss, it really shows you have thought it all through carefully.
Good luck!