PDA

View Full Version : Would OFSTED ever give permission for 4 under 5 one day a week?

julie w
14-05-2009, 12:46 PM
I have 4 under 5's on my books, and up to now it has worked really well because 2 are full time, and 1 comes 2 days and the other 3 days a week. However one of the mums needs me an extra day from June. I've asked all parents if any 'shifting around' of days would be possible, but unfortunately not. I'd so hate to lose the baby because of one day. Has anybody applied to OFSTED to look after 4 children of this age ? Two 1 year olds and 2 two year olds. I know I could happily manage, but that's not the point. I need it to be all above board.Thanks for any advice. Julie.x.

beerheaven
14-05-2009, 12:50 PM
I have 4 under 5's on my books, and up to now it has worked really well because 2 are full time, and 1 comes 2 days and the other 3 days a week. However one of the mums needs me an extra day from June. I've asked all parents if any 'shifting around' of days would be possible, but unfortunately not. I'd so hate to lose the baby because of one day. Has anybody applied to OFSTED to look after 4 children of this age ? Two 1 year olds and 2 two year olds. I know I could happily manage, but that's not the point. I need it to be all above board.Thanks for any advice. Julie.x.

I have had a number of variations to accommodate 4 under 5, for continuity of care. As long as you can demonstrate that you can tend to all the children's needs, for example by writing out routines for a typical day, then I think you should be successful.

Go for it!!

Hebs
14-05-2009, 12:50 PM
as it for an exisiting mindee i think they would as it comes under continuity of care

ring them :thumbsup:

sonia ann
14-05-2009, 12:56 PM
I have had variations granted before for situations just like this:) Just put everything in a letter to Ofsted stating all the "why's and wherefore's":)

michellethegooner
14-05-2009, 01:22 PM
good advice, just put all routines etc down & how u can meet each of their needs, hth

The Juggler
14-05-2009, 04:21 PM
I've just applied myself today for 4 weeks in June. I think the main thing is to say exactly how many hours it overlaps and take into account how many other children you might have during that time.

You have to demonstrate that you will be able to manage. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Good luck for you too.

LOL