PDA

View Full Version : please help regarding Action made by ofsted.

jackandjill
14-05-2009, 09:35 AM
One of my Actions made ofsted is.

Acquire the skills and experience suitable for the work, with specific reference to gaining sufficient knowledge and understanding of how to meet the requirments of the compulsory and voluntary parts of the childcare register.

I am really struggling to understand how I can show this in writing and what they are asking for. Any help would be great.

Thanks Sarah

sarah707
14-05-2009, 09:50 AM
You need to read a copy of the Childcare Register.

I think there's one in free downloads... here's another.

I suggest what you do is to go through this with your Eyfs open and write up all the differences between the 2.

Then go to your policies and procedures and make a note of the differences as well.

This will prove to Ofsted that you are working to both sets of registers.

The biggest differences are in the complaints and there is a doc in free downloads about that as well.

hth :D

nell57
14-05-2009, 09:52 AM
They do like to word things so they sound really complicated dont they. There are quite a few differences between the 2 registers, one of which is regarding complaints procedures, one having to respond in 20 days the other responding in 28 days. So that is one way of showing your knowledge in writing.

I'm sure someone will be along with more info soon, probably explaining clearer than what i can:D

Zoomie
14-05-2009, 01:27 PM
One of my Actions made ofsted is.

Acquire the skills and experience suitable for the work, with specific reference to gaining sufficient knowledge and understanding of how to meet the requirments of the compulsory and voluntary parts of the childcare register.

I am really struggling to understand how I can show this in writing and what they are asking for. Any help would be great.

Thanks Sarah

I had the exact same action from my inspector. I wonder if it was the same lady ? I was a bit peeved in that I was able to give a few differences off the top of my head, but it wasn't enough.

Sarah gave me the exact same advise, and I printed off the requirements of the childcare register, and then wrote in pen the differences I found in EYFS.

estrelas
14-05-2009, 07:54 PM
I had the exact same action from my inspector. I wonder if it was the same lady ? I was a bit peeved in that I was able to give a few differences off the top of my head, but it wasn't enough.

Sarah gave me the exact same advise, and I printed off the requirements of the childcare register, and then wrote in pen the differences I found in EYFS.

we really have to do this???:eek:

jackandjill
15-05-2009, 07:04 AM
Thank you so much everyone for your relpies its been a great help, I understand what I have to do now, Why can't Ofsted put it in a simple way. I did ring ofsted for advice on how to meet the action and all they said was ' well we can't help you, you have to find out yourself' big help that was. also I only recieved my report yesterday with the actions on it. the completion date for the actions is 14/5/2009. This is because the inspector went on holiday for 2 weeks the day after doing my inspection and has only just sent them. not sure what to do. I have 2 small children all day so its really hard to get it done straight away. S.orry for the moan

I didn't evening realise there were so many different registers as I only look after children under the EYFS. No after school children.

The inspectors name was xx, not sure if this was the same inspector as you had Zoomie.

Thanks again.

Pipsqueak
15-05-2009, 07:37 AM
Thank you so much everyone for your relpies its been a great help, I understand what I have to do now, Why can't Ofsted put it in a simple way. I did ring ofsted for advice on how to meet the action and all they said was ' well we can't help you, you have to find out yourself' big help that was. also I only recieved my report yesterday with the actions on it. the completion date for the actions is 14/5/2009. This is because the inspector went on holiday for 2 weeks the day after doing my inspection and has only just sent them. not sure what to do.

Thats unacceptable
a) for them to give you advice (or not) like that - they are supposed to help us:rolleyes: - typical Ofsted
b) for you to get your action/report so late

Make a formal complaint.
People need to make a complaints about the way Ofsted operate when they are being unreasonable and unfair and downright unhelpful.

Ofsted have got to realise that the way the operate is not beneficial to the people they are supposed to be there for and the only way for them to understand this is for people to complain.

jeanybeany
15-05-2009, 09:48 AM
Well, I could not tell you off the top of my head so will be looking into this further :angry: . Just when yopu think u r doing a good job and getting on top of it along comes something else.

Thanks for posting and making me aware of this.:laughing:

youarewhatyoueat
15-05-2009, 03:45 PM
You need to read a copy of the Childcare Register.

I think there's one in free downloads... here's another.

I suggest what you do is to go through this with your Eyfs open and write up all the differences between the 2.

Then go to your policies and procedures and make a note of the differences as well.

This will prove to Ofsted that you are working to both sets of registers.

The biggest differences are in the complaints and there is a doc in free downloads about that as well.

hth :D

Have I missed something I didn't think there was a difference now with the procedures for dealing with complaints on both parts of the register I thought they had been brought into line with each other, ok i'm confused again!!! I know there is a difference on some other parts. I thought on both parts any complaint has to be dealt with within 20 days.
Caroline

sarah707
15-05-2009, 03:48 PM
Have I missed something I didn't think there was a difference now with the procedures for dealing with complaints on both parts of the register I thought they had been brought into line with each other, ok i'm confused again!!! I know there is a difference on some other parts. I thought on both parts any complaint has to be dealt with within 20 days.
Caroline

Has the Childcare Register been re-written? :panic:

The latest complaints document on the Ofsted site that won't load on here as its too big says on page 2 that requirements for how to deal with complaints across the Eyfs / childcare register are different

youarewhatyoueat
15-05-2009, 04:45 PM
Sarah,In the document, the requirements for the childcare register, I think its the same as the one that you uploaded , i'm referring to the section procedures for dealing with complaints which are the same for both parts of the register, I'm obviously missing something which is different, can you tell me where please so I don't get pulled up on it,thanks
Caroline