PDA

View Full Version : Planning for a 7 month old??

OrlandoBelle
14-05-2009, 08:09 AM
Does anyone know what I could put in my planning for a 7 month old baby??:panic:

RainbowMum
14-05-2009, 09:09 AM
I would say observations, assessment and next steps, if you look at development matters you will see what baby may be able to do and should move on to next. It only needs to be simple, plus a scrapbook for wow moments etc x

sarah707
14-05-2009, 10:06 AM
Child has done xxx... planning to do yyy next;

Child's mum says she has done xxx at home... planning to do yyy next;

Child's nanna says she has done xxx at her house... planning to do yyy next;

Child liked / did / played with xxx while at toddlers... planning to do yyy next.

Hth :D

The Juggler
16-05-2009, 03:58 PM
plan lots of sensory resources, sound, touch, visuals - lots of activities you can plan around that.

Chanelle
16-05-2009, 04:49 PM
plan lots of sensory resources, sound, touch, visuals - lots of activities you can plan around that.

I agree ... Lots of sensory activities, with things made of food, custard made with water ..... Jelly play etc ... Even tho child may not be eating these things, a little licked off their hands wont harm them !

Play activities with things that make noises

If you notice child takes a particular interest in a certain object, sound, toy etc ... take the next steps to include that item .

Musical instruments is a good one... most babies like the sound of bells etc ... rainmakers are good too.

If you see them babbling take next steps to mimicking you ... you make a sound or shape with your mouth and see if baby can copy you. ...

Hope this helps a little ... just key in on things they should be doing at this age and stage of development and expand onto next thing ... :D

Chell
16-05-2009, 07:42 PM
It is a good age to start baby signing. :thumbsup:

OrlandoBelle
18-05-2009, 01:11 PM
Thanks for the great advice everyone. You've been most helpful. :) :clapping: