PDA

View Full Version : Didnt get the job

mumof1
13-05-2009, 11:09 PM
Didnt get the job, the mum only came out yesterday, everything went really well! She was more or less saying that she wanted me to mind her children. Then tonight she rang and said that her friend is going to mind the children, because she lives close. I have to say that it has put me in a low, only because she was the first person who came out and seen me, and then i dont get it. I wonder if its me? :(

Daftbat
14-05-2009, 05:35 AM
Thats how it goes i am afraid. Don't worry, something else will come along. be assured its nothing to do with you.:)

mumof1
14-05-2009, 06:20 AM
i hope not. im just being silly:blush:

angeldelight
14-05-2009, 06:23 AM
Didnt get the job, the mum only came out yesterday, everything went really well! She was more or less saying that she wanted me to mind her children. Then tonight she rang and said that her friend is going to mind the children, because she lives close. I have to say that it has put me in a low, only because she was the first person who came out and seen me, and then i dont get it. I wonder if its me? :(

Oh dont be low about this it happens all the time

Her friend is prob offering to do it really cheap

Parents raise our hopes lots of times its nothing to do with you - you will get more confident too in time

Keep advertising someone will come your way soon

Angel xx

Pedagog
14-05-2009, 06:45 AM
She is using friend as friend has almost certainly offered to do it for less than you, probably unregistered as well.

Bitsy Beans
14-05-2009, 01:31 PM
Been there and done that twice (they even signed contracts).
Don't take it personally. I think in the end most parents just want to save money and I suspect as others have posted her friend is doing it cheaper for cash in hand and unregistered.
What I have learned is not to get my hopes up about anything.
Chin up chick :)

Zoomie
14-05-2009, 01:55 PM
Oh, I am sorry to hear this.

Hopefully something better will come along soon, though I fully understand that this won't you feel any better now

:group hug:

Tatjana
14-05-2009, 03:56 PM
Try not to take it so personally, this is what i have decided to do.

We're not looking for friends, it just business!

xx

Ripeberry
14-05-2009, 04:26 PM
Sorry you did not get the job :( I feel like that sometimes that it's me, but lots of childminders in my area are having a rough time, even the very experienced ones.
Unregistered care is so difficult to compete with. Just can't understand why some areas are VERY busy and other totally quiet?

venus89
14-05-2009, 05:18 PM
Oh bad luck. I've just had one I didn't get - they said I'd hear by Tuesday, and today it's Thursday and no word. It's hard not to look for fault in yourself but sometimes it's just not meant to be. Somebody else will be along soon. xx

Buzz Lightyear
14-05-2009, 06:02 PM
Sorry you didn't get the first job which came your way, it happens sadly, happened to me and I fell head over heals in love with the family. Was very upset to say the least when I didn't get them. You're not the first and sadly, you wont be the last. Chin up chuck, there are plenty more when they came from, put it down as experience :thumbsup:

mumof1
14-05-2009, 06:46 PM
Thanks everyone, i do feel alot better today. And funny enough i got an email about looking after another family, so maybe this 1 might be the 1:laughing:

ORKSIE
14-05-2009, 07:11 PM
Dont take it personally, it goes like that sometimes.
Good luck next time:thumbsup:

Buzz Lightyear
15-05-2009, 08:05 AM
Thanks everyone, i do feel alot better today. And funny enough i got an email about looking after another family, so maybe this 1 might be the 1:laughing:

Believe me, you will be inundated! I am now so pleased my first couple of enquiries haven't worked out :clapping:

jibberjitz
15-05-2009, 07:47 PM
Bad luck hun but look at it as if its not meant to be and someone else will be knocking on your door very soon :thumbsup:

Demonjill
15-05-2009, 08:22 PM
O sorry to hear this hun hope something else turns up soon.:thumbsup:

michellethegooner
15-05-2009, 10:11 PM
awww sorry to hear that. something will come along though u'll c

mumof1
15-05-2009, 10:29 PM
Thanks everyone, i actually do feel alot better about it, was just feeling sorry for myself! And i have received a few other calls from parents, so you never know:thumbsup:

angeldelight
18-05-2009, 05:04 PM
Thanks everyone, i actually do feel alot better about it, was just feeling sorry for myself! And i have received a few other calls from parents, so you never know:thumbsup:

Hope something comes out of the new calls

Good luck

Angel xx

Lily Grace
19-05-2009, 12:19 PM
Dont worry, I had three mums come round in one week and none of them wanted to use me, I took it personally for about a week then you have to get over it. I dont even get past the telephone call at the moment it can be really frustrating!!