PDA

View Full Version : certificates or stickers

Bex1
13-05-2009, 01:45 PM
Hi

Do you give your mindees certificates or stickers if they do something really helpful or do something nicely or eat dinner well? If so what age group do you start? My mindee is 18 months and she is such a good girl at tidying away..rest of the time a bit of a madam but at tidy up time she is a little star! she was also really well behaved and ate her lunch really nicely despite the chaos going on around her (my dd having tantrum and up and down stairs taking her to bed etc!)

Becky x

Blaze
13-05-2009, 01:49 PM
Both:

For general things I give stickers (like tidying up).

For more specific things I give a certificate (ie if I have a fussy eater after they have tried 5 new foods / meals they get a certificate IYSWIM).

Hth:)

Bex1
13-05-2009, 01:53 PM
thanks..i saw some stickers in tesco the other day saying "perfect" "good job" etc and thought about it...my mindees are all under 2 though so not sure if would understand! Saying that my DD went to dentist and got a sticker and was so chuffed she was wearing it for ages and had to show it off to everyone (she is 20 month).

Do you do your own stickers or buy em?

Andrea08
13-05-2009, 02:01 PM
both i have certificates that i have laminated so it goes on the wall eg

helper of the week ,,, childs name and i can wipe it off and change the name each week ,,,or print off to take home

stickers go in daily diary sheets or profile book journal (what ever you use)

sticker on coats so parnets have to ask why they got them !!!

Helen79
13-05-2009, 02:52 PM
We use stickers for everyday stuff like tidying up & eating nicely. I stick them on their t-shirts but I'm going to print out some certificates & sticker charts instead as the stickers have often fallen off their clothes by going home time.

Nix
13-05-2009, 02:56 PM
Mmmm good question...I have some certificates for potty training but we haven't reached that stage yet and I have stickers but my children tend to come out of school covered in them so i haven't used them either...:rolleyes:

Perhaps it's good to have both depending on what the occasion is?!:D

angeldelight
14-05-2009, 06:47 AM
Both:

For general things I give stickers (like tidying up).

For more specific things I give a certificate (ie if I have a fussy eater after they have tried 5 new foods / meals they get a certificate IYSWIM).

Hth:)

Same here

Angel xx

nannysue
14-05-2009, 07:34 AM
Oh yes, i've always used stickers and certificates. :) There are some lovely little mini certificates on Activity Village, there are 4 on a page and say Well Done, Excellent, Good Work etc.