PDA

View Full Version : Inspection tomorrow

johanna77
13-05-2009, 01:23 PM
HI everybody

Just wondering if anybody can help me.
I've got my first grading inspection tomorrow at 12.30.
Just wanted to know if I have to every piece of paperwork out such as safeguarding booklet, food and safety booklet etc.
I have the following I'm going to put out for the inspector to look through not sure if I've missed anything, any advice would be appreciated.
Policies and Procedures, including risk assessments, and daily diary
childrens daily diary booklets sent home with parents
Planning
Multicultural Planning
An Inclusion Folder
Introduction Portfolio for prospective parents
Childrens Folder
Learning Stories
Additional Safeguarding Information
Complaints Book

Also does anybvody know if inspectors usually like to talk to parents as the inspector is coming 30 mins earlier than child being dropped off. it's just I know parent won't have time to talk, but I was thinking if inspector asks I was going to say ask the parent as not up for me to say this... Not sure.
Thanks
Jo:)

Debster
13-05-2009, 01:34 PM
All the best with your inspection tomorrow I have mine in the next month. If you have not done one its a good idea to take a look at the SEF to get a good idea of what they are looking for also a good tip is to look on Ofsed website for a recent inspection report by the person inspecting you tomorrow. A childminder friend has her inspection next week so we have reading her reports to get a idea of the kind of things she picked up on she had a real thing for risk assessments so she made sure they were all spot on and inline with EYFS guidence. I think it would be good for the inspector to chat to the parent and probabley will to get their view of your setting.
Good Luck remember to breathe and tell us everything.
Deb:thumbsup:

johanna77
13-05-2009, 01:40 PM
I have looked at the SEF and tried to fill it in, but got a bit stuck. Spoke to local childrens centre as they have been so helpful and supportive and trhey said as it was my first inspection, there was more important information to get upto date. Other childminders agreed. I will explain this to the inspector and show her what i have tried to fill in. So much to think about getting nervous now.. :)

Debster
13-05-2009, 02:19 PM
I have looked at the SEF and tried to fill it in, but got a bit stuck. Spoke to local childrens centre as they have been so helpful and supportive and trhey said as it was my first inspection, there was more important information to get upto date. Other childminders agreed. I will explain this to the inspector and show her what i have tried to fill in. So much to think about getting nervous now.. :)

Iam sure you will be fine. I agree with you on the SEF front I found it really difficult too. A positive thing is you have made a start on filling it in. The main thing to ensure is that you are up on your safeguarding,risk assessments and learining journals all the best.
I Feel for you I think I might vomit on my inspector:laughing: :laughing:
Deb

johanna77
13-05-2009, 02:22 PM
I actually feel sick, probably won't sleep well tonight. It's silly because the inspectors aren't monsters, this one sounded really nice, but they are rushing mine, as needed to get it done by 15th. I'll feedback what happens.

Demonjill
13-05-2009, 02:38 PM
Good luck tomorrow. Im sure it will go better than you think!:thumbsup:

HENNY
13-05-2009, 03:39 PM
Good luck for tomorrow-you sound very organised let's all know how it goes.:group hug:

Mummits
13-05-2009, 03:59 PM
Good Luck Jo. Your preparation sounds really thorough. I think the most important thing is to be natural with the children and try to make it as close as possible to a normal day for them.

nicole_kirsty
13-05-2009, 04:59 PM
HI everybody

Just wondering if anybody can help me.
I've got my first grading inspection tomorrow at 12.30.
Just wanted to know if I have to every piece of paperwork out such as safeguarding booklet, food and safety booklet etc.
I have the following I'm going to put out for the inspector to look through not sure if I've missed anything, any advice would be appreciated.
Policies and Procedures, including risk assessments, and daily diary
childrens daily diary booklets sent home with parents
Planning
Multicultural Planning
An Inclusion FolderIntroduction Portfolio for prospective parents
Childrens Folder
Learning Stories
Additional Safeguarding Information
Complaints Book

Also does anybvody know if inspectors usually like to talk to parents as the inspector is coming 30 mins earlier than child being dropped off. it's just I know parent won't have time to talk, but I was thinking if inspector asks I was going to say ask the parent as not up for me to say this... Not sure.
Thanks
Jo:)

Hi,

I know about inclusion etc but what have you got in here? Just asking as though maybe i should put one together?? Sounds like you are very organised and have loads to show!
Good luck, i expect i will have mine soon!! AAAAHHHHHHHHHH very nervous!
Let us know how it goes!

xx

Alibali
13-05-2009, 05:01 PM
Good luck for tomorrow hope all goes well.

angeldelight
14-05-2009, 06:54 AM
Good luck today Jo

Hope it goes ok

Angel xx

miffy
14-05-2009, 07:03 AM
Just wanted to wish you good luck with your inspection

Miffy xx

Mollymop
14-05-2009, 07:10 AM
Good luck for today x

Demonjill
14-05-2009, 07:32 AM
Good luck today Jo.:thumbsup:

Let us know how it goes when you get a mo.

desiderata
14-05-2009, 08:43 AM
Good luck im sure youll be finex:laughing:

jess
14-05-2009, 12:20 PM
you sound really organised allready! just try to be yourself and youll be fine! {easier said than done when theyre watching you i know!} good luck, let us know how you get on:)

johanna77
14-05-2009, 08:08 PM
Hi everybody

Thank you for all the good luck messages.
So this is how it went. My own son 2 was a nightmare, he just decided to do anything and everything, but inspector wasn't that bothered but I was embarassed.
Inpsector was impressed with my policies and procedures said very organised, welfare requirements were all up to date. Thank you so much Angel for that list with the list of the 5 outcomes, I based it on that and would recommend anybody to do the same. But the Multicultural planning, inclusion folder were not looked at.
Got a strong Satisfactory I think want to see the report. I would say to anybody with a inspection coming up make sure you do the SEF or some kind of evaluation and make sure the learning stories and planning are upto date and include vocabulary, because of these two areas this let me down.
I wanted Good, but never mind will wait until read the report.
Thank God that's ova and thank you all and the forum for being my lifesaver va the last year. :)

funtoplay
14-05-2009, 08:17 PM
Hi,

Firstly good luck tomorrow. I wouls say you need to get hold of the safeguarding booklet. My inspector under EYFS wanted to see it.

Good luck!!

Julia

miffy
14-05-2009, 08:40 PM
Well done! Hope you're celebrating :)

Miffy xx

singlewiththree
15-05-2009, 06:28 AM
Well done! A strong satisfactory is a brilliant result, I'm hoping for that when I eventually get inspected.

nell57
15-05-2009, 06:40 AM
Well done :clapping:

Hope you a relaxing chilled weekend now:thumbsup:

ruby
15-05-2009, 08:04 AM
well done:clapping: now you can relax

cathy

ORKSIE
15-05-2009, 08:20 AM
Well done:clapping: